Help identifying this part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying this part

I was removing my rear seats and the torx screw holding it in was completely stripped. Anyone happen to know the part number so I can replace , and got any tips for removing a stripped torx? I’m thinking of drilling it out as a last resort cause nothing I’ve done had worked.
    Attached Files
    • 2006 AW/IR Manual
    • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
    • Supersprint
    • KW V3
    • 996 Brembo
    • ZCP / PSS

Is enough of the head exposed to get a pair of vice grips on there? Turn it back out. Or cut (dremel wheel/small hack saw) a slot in the middle and use a large flathead driver.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Is enough of the head exposed to get a pair of vice grips on there? Turn it back out. Or cut (dremel wheel/small hack saw) a slot in the middle and use a large flathead driver.
      I tried with vice grips but there’s just not enough clearance. I thought about the dremel but the issue is the screw is so rusted (not sure how that happened) that every time I turn it with anything the screw just strips more. That’s why I’m thinking drill it out, it’s a relatively short screw like maybe 1/2 inch. Might be the easiest and quickest way.
      • 2006 AW/IR Manual
      • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
      • Supersprint
      • KW V3
      • 996 Brembo
      • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Likely 15, 16 or 17 in this diagram:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=52_2731

Sorry cant be more specific. Measure the length and size of the bolt and you could likely identify it better.

Comment

Working...
        X