Rod Bearing Blackstone oil analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod Bearing Blackstone oil analysis

Just got an oil analysis done. My car is an 02 and has 125k. The rod bearings where done during the recall at 25k in 2004. I do not know If they have been redone. I picked up the car 4 years ago at 118k. I drive about 1,500 miles a year. I use castrol 10w-60 the report says liquid molly. There was around 2,200 miles on the oil over a year and half. What do guys think of the numbers? Thanks

Attached Files
    Last edited by Feakara; 06-12-2020, 03:29 PM.

Copper is a little high considering that lead is virtually non-existent, but those numbers look pretty good for 100k miles. There were some discussions on the previous forum that oil analysis really isn't the tell-all we hoped it would be, and so it's becoming more accepted to just think of rod bearings as a 100k miles maintenance item on the S54. Lead is the first layer (softest metal) so you might have just one bearing that's worn down enough to draw lots of copper into the sample. In the rod bearing thread I'm going to post pictures of my job at ~92k miles. I've always had relatively high lead and copper numbers since 45k miles, and I've owned the car from 30k -> 92k miles, and only recently did the numbers spike enough to cause concern.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Working...
      X