Code p0013,p0015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code p0013,p0015

Was driving on the highway speed at.65 mph, check engine light came on. Scan got and got codes p0013 camshaft position actuator circuit/open bank 1. I also got code p0015 camshaft position timing over retarded bank 1.. Cleared the code and the next day it came back. Does the camshaft position sensor need to be changed, and if so which one. We have 2 on these motors if I'm correct.

sounds like its vanos time buddy

Comment

I think I had similar codes when my solenoid went out. Your car will be fine but avoid driving it if possible. Go to Beisans website and order the upgraded solenoid and the the 4 o rings in the sealing plate kit.

If you’re at all technically handy this job will take you less than an hour.

If you want the best consultant on this call up raj at Beisan he’s always happy to help. But seeing as it’s a VANOS electrical code means it’s solenoid because it’s the only electrical part of the VANOS.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I did order a new solenoid pack, anti rattle kit ,oil pump disk, the o rings for the sealing plate,upper chain guide.

Comment

Originally posted by M3powerzz View Post
          Thanks for the info. I did order a new solenoid pack, anti rattle kit ,oil pump disk, the o rings for the sealing plate,upper chain guide.
          Oh so you’re doing the whole VANOS job?

Im not sure if you know but you can do your repair without removing anything from the car. Maybe just the side fan shroud. But doing all the VANOS stuff can’t hurt.

I just did the whole job. Follow the Beisan instructions along with the shop live videos (which follow the Beisan instructions) and you’ll be ok. Remember if you ever think you messed something up, getting the timing right on these cars is super easy.

1) Crank pin in TDC.
          2) Cams with holes on top, timing bridge flush with head. And only ONE PIN in a can at a time.
          3) VANOS pistons FULLY inserted when re-assembling. this is the one people forget a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X