Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partsgeek M3 chrome kidney grill review

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Partsgeek M3 chrome kidney grill review

    Got tired of waiting for bmw genuine chrome front grills found these on partsgeek website at $38 each side. They are Taiwan so there's no hiding that.

    Part# BM1200134 and BM1200135 "ACTION CRASH PARTS" name brand





    I can say that the quality of these grills are very good. They feel like the BMW units. They don't feel cheap. The Chrome finish is nice and smooth. Not hazy the edges and corners feel good, the back half of the grills are black like the factory ones. Not like the Amazon ones that are all Chrome. The fronts are all Chrome. The slats are Chrome and the sides are the slats are Chrome like factory.

    Fitment is very good. I can't find anything to dislike or pick at there's no weird gaps. Everything just fits. I didn't have to force anything. I just pushed them into place and every single clip on the back side lined up with the factory provision on the hood.

    So for the price I don't think anybody could ever complain for these. They look good and feel good

    The 2nd shorter video shows close-ups of the grills and the wagon which are the knockoffs and the grills in the red car which are genuine. They look virtually identical.


    Here are quick clips to show them up close






    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_000124922.jpg Views:	0 Size:	223.2 KB ID:	342305
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_000143974.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.6 KB ID:	342304
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_000027255.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.9 KB ID:	342303
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_011747765.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.0 KB ID:	342302
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_000241992.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.1 KB ID:	342301
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_000249398.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.8 KB ID:	342300
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_000251745.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	342299
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_000232417.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.4 KB ID:	342298
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_012742639.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.0 KB ID:	342308
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_012548084.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.3 KB ID:	342306
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260204_013550780.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.9 KB ID:	342307

    ​
    Last edited by nextelbuddy; 02-04-2026, 05:46 AM.

    #2
    Nice find!

    Comment


      #3
      Nice find! Ordered just to keep them around in case someone needs them Locally LOL

      Comment


        #4
        Nice, good to know these are viable and available. I noticed the other day that the chrome film on one of mine is starting to get wavy.
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

        Comment


          #5
          Here is my solution..

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5625.jpg
Views:	1118
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	342347

          Comment


            #6
            Not same manufacturer, but that part number is also available on Rock Auto, maybe same thing for slightly cheaper? Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	7 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	342349​
            Last edited by samthejam; 02-04-2026, 05:48 AM.
            Build Thread:
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-new-pb-at-msr

            Comment


              #7
              I saw your IG post. Ordered a set this morning...
              Instagram : @gc.m3sg
              2023 M3C Xdrive British Racing Green

              2003.5 M3 Silver Grey 6 speed
              ______________________________________________
              MEC CF CSL front bumper/Diffuser/BNIB CSL Trunk
              ST Suspension/CSL Rotors/Full Magnaflow exhaust
              BBS RSII/CSL Wheels

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by samthejam View Post
                Not same manufacturer, but that part number is also available on Rock Auto Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1010
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	342349​
                i looked on rock auto a well but didnt like their brand availability. some options included that you may get different brand between left and right but the fitment would be the same.. i didnt like that. also saw Depo mentioned somewhere as option as well and didnt like that

                the brand i got on partsgeek was "ACTION CRASH PARTS" name brand

                Comment


                  #9
                  I wonder if they have the black slat variant. Tried searching that part number but couldn't find it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Is it just me or are the slats slightly thicker than OEM? Still look like a good option at this time.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by samthejam View Post
                      Not same manufacturer, but that part number is also available on Rock Auto, maybe same thing for slightly cheaper? Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	7 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	342349​
                      Those techpro ones from rock auto fit horribly. Worse than a $30 eBay set

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by shreyas View Post

                        Those techpro ones from rock auto fit horribly. Worse than a $30 eBay set
                        Excellent, good to know! So people can avoid
                        Build Thread:
                        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-new-pb-at-msr

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Ordered the parts geek ones, was a hair over 100 bucks out the door to CA
                          2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                          2023 X3M Competition

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Also ordered as set, tried a few discount codes from a quick search, ended up with FREESHIP, so saved a little. I think it was $91 to the door.

                            I also thought the slats look a tad thicker than OEM. What I like is the sides of the slats are black like OEM where most of the aftermarket are full chrome. I've tried the full black slats before but it just looked off, I think only certain colors can pull it off well... not Imola IMO.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by powerbait View Post
                              Also ordered as set, tried a few discount codes from a quick search, ended up with FREESHIP, so saved a little. I think it was $91 to the door.

                              I also thought the slats look a tad thicker than OEM. What I like is the sides of the slats are black like OEM where most of the aftermarket are full chrome. I've tried the full black slats before but it just looked off, I think only certain colors can pull it off well... not Imola IMO.
                              Thanks for the code, doesnt work anymore.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X