Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMG Peeps: What shift speed do you Guys use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMG Peeps: What shift speed do you Guys use?

Hey Guys,

I usually drive in S5 all of the time, but I tried S4 today and I feel like it rev matches a lot better (CSL tune). Does anyone else notice this? What shift speed do you guys use?

Kareem

I always have it set to S5, even after the CSL tune. It just feels right.

Comment

When just driving intown I set it on 1 or 2. When having some fun i run 4 or 5. Hardly run 6 as I'm in the process of diagnosing a differential issue.

Comment

I just use 3 90% of the time on the CSL tune.

Comment

Gotcha... I feel like rev matches (when coming to a stop), are slightly cut off when in S5 (not a full rev match and sum engine braking). I dunno, I would love to hear more

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post
            Hey Guys,

I usually drive in S5 all of the time, but I tried S4 today and I feel like it rev matches a lot better (CSL tune). Does anyone else notice this? What shift speed do you guys use?

Kareem
            It's not a one size fits all on account of the transmissions dimwittedness. If I'm in the canyons, 5 or 6. Heavy traffic, 3, normal city, 4. That is with a csl tune. The rev matching also adapts it seems. When driving hard is where it really nails them and I think all modes do it well in those conditions. In traffic S4 and S3 match well, I stay out of 5 In Traffic because it feels like the transmission is in too much of a hurry to do things in those conditions and it ends up not as smooth as 4.
            Last edited by Icecream; 06-13-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Auto 3, manual 4 or 5 depending on how old I feel

Comment

I run at Level 5 in manual and Level 4 in Auto almost always sometimes 5 in Auto. Love the Sport button + Level 5 for some higher speed highway blasts here in South Florida.

Comment

I really love S5, but I may need to do some experimenting on my next drive after reading this. I did try A3 recently and I was not a fan. I've found that smooth SMG shifts are all about how much you get off the throttle, which is hard to do when you're not the one shifting.

Comment

A3 for normal use and S4-5 for manual mode

Comment

3 in man for daily use. Never run in auto. 6 if im at the track. CSL tunes.

Comment

4 pretty much exclusively
                        2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
                        2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
                        2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

I only really drive it on track. Usually keep it on S5.

Comment

I didn't do the csl tune yet.
                            95% of my driving on S3 Auto mode.
                            5% S5 or S6 with +sport on manual mode.

Comment

S3 on the street. S5,6 on the track. Never use Auto mode. CSL tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X