Need help with tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with tires

Looking to install a set of performance all season tires, as I still want to drive the car during the colder months (not in snow). Currently considering Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, followed by Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus and Continental DWS06 in that order...anyone have any experience or recommendations with any of these? This is the car's setup:

2004 cabrio
    Koni Yellows/Eibach springs (.9"F/.6"R)
    Apex ARC 8 18x9.5 ET35/18x10.5 ET27

I wanted to go with a 255/40F 285/35R but wanted to know if I would run into any issues with fitment? Different sources online say either they'll clear fine, others say I'd need spacers/ more negative camber/ fender rolling to fit. I know 245/275 would be a sure fit, but want to avoid stretching the tires if I don't have to.

Ran DWS on a few vehicles, including my old ZCP M3. Overall a good tire if you need it to work in all seasons.

Comment

I've never used a/s, but have tried different brands of summer tire and will probably never buy anything but Michelin again. I've heard nothing but good about their a/s as well. That's where I'd be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo's M View Post
        I've never used a/s, but have tried different brands of summer tire and will probably never buy anything but Michelin again. I've heard nothing but good about their a/s as well. That's where I'd be.
        I read a couple reviews that gave the Pirellis high marks. However, the Michelins are the only tire of the three that are available in the 255 and 285 widths so if I can fit them with little to no issues that's what I'll be going with.

Comment

I ran Michelin Pilot Spoty A/S 3+ and was pleasantly surprised at their performance year-round. Granted, I didn't drive in the snow with them but it was nice to have more confidence driving at colder temps.

Comment

255/285 is too much tire imo. 245/275 will get stretched a bit, but it'll look good and you'll be closest to stock ratio (for DSC/mileage/speedo)
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

The Conti’s were on my M3 when I bought it and I am satisfied with them. But nothing more than satisfied. Not a rabid fan... No winter driving the M3 for me here in the CT. I have the Pilots on both my E39 and Mk6 GTI. They are a great tire for both cars but I do run a winter tire on the E39. The GTI runs the Pilots all year round and I have never had any issues in winter. Snow is not ridiculously bad here. Tire Rack have been selling them off cheap, so I guess they are to be updated soon?

Comment

Working...
              X