Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing headliner motion sensor alarm bracket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing headliner motion sensor alarm bracket?

How do I insert this annoying motion sensor bracket to the car? I pulled the old one off with all the broken clips by brute force, breaking it almost in half, but now I don’t have an idea on how to place the new one on through the headliner. Apologies for such a trivial question, I’m just stuck trying to figure this possibly easy one out.
    2002 BMW M3 Coupe Jet Black/Black
    2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+ Deep Blue Metallic/White

Deleted my previous comment... My mistake. The part is actually seated inside the headliner. May have to pull off one side of the headliner to insert
    Last edited by yhp2009; 06-16-2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Im actually dealing with the same problem.I havent tried it personally but Im thinking the easiest solution, that is if you have a sunroof is to pull the sunroof trim off and then pull the headliner down low enough to slide bracket back in.

Comment

Originally posted by vp special k View Post
        Im actually dealing with the same problem.I havent tried it personally but Im thinking the easiest solution, that is if you have a sunroof is to pull the sunroof trim off and then pull the headliner down low enough to slide bracket back in.
        I saw someone post that in another forum, is pulling off sunroof trim easy to do and exposes the space between the headliner and trim? Seems that you'd have to adhere it back on after pulling it off or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by OEMaddict View Post

I saw someone post that in another forum, is pulling off sunroof trim easy to do and exposes the space between the headliner and trim? Seems that you'd have to adhere it back on after pulling it off or am I wrong?
          that trim just pulls off,you dont have to pull it off enteriley but just enough to gain some access

Comment

rotate it 45 degrees and insert a corner in, pull the headliner down a little bit, bend the bracket like a taco, and slide it in

it's unnerving to do, i thought i was going to break the plastic piece, but i did it this way because i was too lazy to remove the headliner and slide it in from the top

Comment

Ended up snapping the new bracket trying to bend it too far, but made it a lot easier to install it, placed alarm dome cover and looks perfectly fine luckily. Thanks all

Comment

I am dealing with the same issue. some of my clips broke and the few shops I have gone to so far said I would need to remove the entire headliner 😏

Comment

Originally posted by ViN View Post
                  I am dealing with the same issue. some of my clips broke and the few shops I have gone to so far said I would need to remove the entire headliner 😏
                  Nope, like I did, just break the old one out and slide it out, and break the new piece as well (just from one side) and slide the new one in, slightly pullig down the headliner. Easily done in 5 minutes without removing anything but the clip piece itself.

Comment

My sensor fell off last week after having my headliner redone. They broke most of the clips as they were probably brittle.

I am glad you can buy a replacement part as I was about to glue it.

Comment

Just checked Real OEM and I am pretty sure this is the part number in case someone else needs it:

Comment

Working...
                      X