My convertible driver's seat does not fold, because the bowden cable that should be connected to the latch at the hinge is not connected. I think the PO replaced the seat or the back and here I am. I've been putting this off because I wasn't sure what the mechanism looks like, but this weekend I separated my play seat and found how it works. Pictures attached.
The issue is that the latch is connected with rivets to the seat as well as the bowden cable. To fix this I would need to drill out 2 rivets, one attaching the latch and one holding the old cable's eyelet. However I am not sure how to rivet it back. Basic riveter would likely not work as the rivets are flimsy, so I would need similar type of rivets currently used. Perhaps I could use rivnuts, however it would be difficult to gauge as the clearance is tight inside the slot where the latch fits. So it would need to be very similar to how it is currently.
If anyone has seen this or has any ideas I am all ears (maybe its easier to get a replacement seat)
Thanks
The issue is that the latch is connected with rivets to the seat as well as the bowden cable. To fix this I would need to drill out 2 rivets, one attaching the latch and one holding the old cable's eyelet. However I am not sure how to rivet it back. Basic riveter would likely not work as the rivets are flimsy, so I would need similar type of rivets currently used. Perhaps I could use rivnuts, however it would be difficult to gauge as the clearance is tight inside the slot where the latch fits. So it would need to be very similar to how it is currently.
If anyone has seen this or has any ideas I am all ears (maybe its easier to get a replacement seat)
Thanks

Comment