Yep I ordered 20 mins after this thread was made and got the same email... not sure what was going on there
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Windshield cowl PSA:
Collapse
X
-
Mine says shipped?
JK- I got a follow up email saying that the shipment excluded the windshield cowl (I ordered other things). LOLLast edited by davidinnyc; 09-17-2026, 02:39 PM.
Comment
-
Cubieman have you checked with a BMW main dealer?
The windscreen cowl is available via backorder in the UK. It is currently being sold in batches. From what I am aware the first set was sold in July and the next will be available at the end of October.Last edited by R60BBA; 09-18-2026, 12:07 AM.2002 BMW E46 M3 Coupé
2005 Porsche 911 (997.1) Carrera S
Comment
-
The LHD coupe cowls were briefly back in stock through BMW. By briefly, I mean for about a day before they were all nabbed for backorders. I checked one morning and saw one in the Redlands warehouse, by noon it was gone.
I work for a dealer and on my end it shows an ETA to our CDC in Germany around the beginning of October. Same-ish eta for kidney grills as well. Not a guaranteed ETA as I've been watching both for months and it has been pushed back multiple times.
- Likes 3
Comment
-
Yeah same fucking shit happened with me but at least they were amazing with their CS and refunded the amount to me for the part and some discount on the shipping.Originally posted by Keith_MN View PostNo go. Just got an email from FCP...
Thanks for your order with us! We’re reaching out regarding BMW Windshield Cowl Cover - Genuine BMW 51718232894.
Unfortunately, our supplier notified us that this part is now backordered with no ETA and without an equivalent alternative manufacturer to substitute, so we had to remove and refund it from your order. You'll see the refund in your account within 1-3 business days, depending on how quickly your bank processes the refund.​
Comment
-
Well it being backordered versus full-on discontinued/NLA gives me some hope. I remember the diamond remote keys for the E46 were on a backorder for most of a year but I finally did get my order after waiting a while.Originally posted by bran.stum View PostThe LHD coupe cowls were briefly back in stock through BMW. By briefly, I mean for about a day before they were all nabbed for backorders. I checked one morning and saw one in the Redlands warehouse, by noon it was gone.
I work for a dealer and on my end it shows an ETA to our CDC in Germany around the beginning of October. Same-ish eta for kidney grills as well. Not a guaranteed ETA as I've been watching both for months and it has been pushed back multiple times.
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Yeah got my key too.Originally posted by dannyzabolotny View Post
Well it being backordered versus full-on discontinued/NLA gives me some hope. I remember the diamond remote keys for the E46 were on a backorder for most of a year but I finally did get my order after waiting a while.
- Likes 1
Comment


Comment