Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Size for OEM ZCP Wheels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tire Size for OEM ZCP Wheels

    Does anyone have real life experience with which tire size works well for OEM ZCP wheels? I am leaning toward 235/265 and want to make sure it is optimal. I belive 245/275 will be too meaty and want to upgrade vs stock…
    Setup Front Rear My take
    Factory ZCP 225/40R19 255/35R19 Most OEM, more sidewall
    235/265 ⭐ 235/35R19 265/30R19 Best-looking/balanced setup
    245/275 245/35R19 275/30R19 More aggressive; getting big for 8” front
    ​

    #2
    I ran 245/275 and loved the width of the tires with a small spacer up front.

    Comment


      #3
      I always used 245/275 on zcp wheels. depends tires brand also
      Instagram : @gc.m3sg
      2023 M3C Xdrive British Racing Green

      2003.5 M3 Silver Grey 6 speed
      ______________________________________________
      MEC CF CSL front bumper/Diffuser/BNIB CSL Trunk
      ST Suspension/CSL Rotors/Full Magnaflow exhaust
      BBS RSII/CSL Wheels

      Comment


        #4
        not to be that guy, bc I def ask ppl questions here that have been asked before, but there’s gobs of threads on this subject - would recommend you dig around a bit in addition to reviewing answers here. You’ll find good info.

        With that said -

        On my zcp I just went from stock sized conti dws06 (225/255) to michy ps4s CSL spec few weeks ago (235/265). Car is at stock ride height on TCK SA. I have 15F/12R spacers too.

        This setup is not at all revolutionary - but anecdotally I feel like it’s more common, even standardized, for our homies in the UK (cutters gang) than here in USA. but that is hardly a fact just my impression from research. I’m talking the wider tires (235/265 or 245/275) + 15/12 spacer combo.

        The 8” ET47 front wheels demand to be pushed out some, IMHO.

        245/275 is what 20y old me in 2004 would’ve sprung for with little thought prob. I am still a fan. I am unc now and decided to stay within the confines of a factory spec setup, albeit csl.

        I think if you surveyed the forum you’ll find plenty folks who are very happy with 245/275 after getting bored with 235/265.

        I am in love with my current 235/265 setup. And maybe this is placebo but the car just feels better on PS4S coming from the contis (which is not really an apples to apples comparison fwiw)

        06 ZCP Individual Sapphire Black Metallic
        ig: na_csl

        Comment


          #5
          Real world here, liked 235/265 until I got some Dinan wheels.
          Interlagos 06 M3, Dinan Champion wheels, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

          Comment


            #6
            No personal experience with ZCP wheels and tires, but are wider (and shorter) tires an upgrade? BMW sold the car with the sizes it did for reasons. Maybe you know more than they did.

            If dry performance is a priority, the 225/40/19 and 255/35/19 combo is available in Michelin PS4S BMW Star.

            Looks are subjective, and for me, the factory tire sizes look best on the ZCP wheels. The wider sizes make them look cheap.
            2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

            Comment


              #7
              I always run 245/35 and 275/30 19s. Just perfect.

              Comment

              Working...
              X