Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A way to make Turner plates work with TCK's?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A way to make Turner plates work with TCK's?

    I wondered if there was a way to make Tuner camber plates compatible with TCK (Koni) struts, they have a 14mm tapered shaft that the Tuner plates do not accept.

    I thought if I got enough dimensions if I could have a collar made so these two products might work together.

    I currently have Vorshlag plates and want something with a bit more compliance but still more adjustable than OEM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

    OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/TCK Vorshlag/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

    2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

    #2
    If i'm understanding your question correctly, Tyler did this to fit his MCS 1WNR (14mm shaft) to the Turner Street Camber plates (16mm) inner diameter opening. I have no first hand experience with Koni, but this may get you started.

    He used a radial bearing to fill the gap, then pressed camber plate onto the shaft with bearings pre-installed

    amazon.com/dp/B0CW2ZQFWW?lv=shuf&channelId=500&ref_=ppx_yo2ov_dt _b_fed_asin_title&plpRedirect=mhFallback

    I got into BMWs in April '03 when I bought a 1994 E36 325i (OBD1 M50) JB/blk 5spd for college, and fell in love with it. I grew up with a wrench in one hand so naturally started to do DIY maintenance, and found bimmerforums. Modded it quite a bit: Turner chip, S50 cams, Carbonio intake, bilstein/eibachs, sways, style42 wheels.
    Last edited by Avedis; Yesterday, 02:19 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Avedis View Post
      If i'm understanding your question correctly, Tyler did this to fit his MCS 1WNR (14mm shaft) to the Turner Street Camber plates (16mm). I have no first hand experience with Koni, but this may get you started.

      He used a radial bearing to fill the gap, then pressed camber plate onto the shaft with bearings pre-installed

      amazon.com/dp/B0CW2ZQFWW?lv=shuf&channelId=500&ref_=ppx_yo2ov_dt _b_fed_asin_title&plpRedirect=mhFallback

      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...320#post200320
      This helps, thank you!

      Unfortunately I have the additional issue of the Koni shafts being tapered so that brings an additional challenge it would seem.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

      OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/TCK Vorshlag/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

      2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

      Comment


        #4
        I spent a lot of time in this rabbit hole and eventually gave up and went with Vorshlag plates. I know when I ordered them I had to specify TCK tapered struts. Perhaps Vorshlag can sell you just the tapered collars?
        Old, not obsolete.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by D-O View Post
          I spent a lot of time in this rabbit hole and eventually gave up and went with Vorshlag plates. I know when I ordered them I had to specify TCK tapered struts. Perhaps Vorshlag can sell you just the tapered collars?
          I was thinking off doing that, maybe I will, I suspect they will know what I am up to, but whatever I already purchased their product.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

          OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/TCK Vorshlag/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

          2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Avedis View Post
            If i'm understanding your question correctly, Tyler did this to fit his MCS 1WNR (14mm shaft) to the Turner Street Camber plates (16mm) inner diameter opening. I have no first hand experience with Koni, but this may get you started.

            He used a radial bearing to fill the gap, then pressed camber plate onto the shaft with bearings pre-installed

            amazon.com/dp/B0CW2ZQFWW?lv=shuf&channelId=500&ref_=ppx_yo2ov_dt _b_fed_asin_title&plpRedirect=mhFallback

            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...320#post200320
            I did this as well with the Turner plates and MCS, though there was no pressing them on, for could have been tighter tolerance.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


              #7
              I have seen some conically tapered washers that would, if the correct angle, sit against your tapered Koni shaft, and then present a flat surface on top to mate with the flat camber plate bearing edge. Doesn't the stock assemply have a tapered washer? Maybe I'm thinking of another car. Maybe search some hardware stores or McMasterCarr?
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

              Comment


                #8
                I guess TCK says they have some, under the "parts" section on their site it shows 10mm collars, but the link is bad on their website.
                They really need to update that site.

                I told them I needed a 14mm tapered to 16mm shaft collar for the Tuner plates and they said what they have would work, so thats encouraging.


                Edit: I guess TCK does NOT have what I just described.

                I sent an email through thier site asking about that very specific thing, a 14mm tapered collar to a 16mm diameter collar.

                They said they had the part and sent me a bad link, then I responded to tell them the link was bad, but I would like to buy the part, once again describing the part.

                I was then told they have no such part, oh well.
                Last edited by Cubieman; Today, 01:21 PM.
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

                OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/TCK Vorshlag/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

                2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

                Comment

                Working...
                X