NRG Short Hub and Quick Release Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NRG Short Hub and Quick Release Issues

For anyone running this setup on their track cars...how's it working for you?

My main issue is with the QR v2.5, it's got what I think is a lot of free play on the X and Y axis when pushing front to back with only my finger tips (not gorilla strength lol). This is surprising because of the rave reviews I've seen in the track groups and general reviews about it being so tight without any slop.

Take a look at this short vid:

Second issue, with the short nub, occasionally when initiating a turn I feel a slight, rubbing/dragging that only lasts for a few degrees. It's like something in the clock spring assembly, not in the steering column itself. First thought was that it's too tight but it's torqued to 46 ft. lbs. Wondering if it's an alignment issue with that black plastic disc that covers the clock spring mech. It's got some free play in it so maybe it's not aligned with the hub right on it? Anyone know? The turn signal cancel function works fine...

I emailed NRG about this a couple weeks ago but no response. Just tried again last night. Giving them the benefit of the doubt because of COVID...

Still nothing from NRG. Anyone have a similar or different experience with this setup?

Comment

I just checked my setup and definitely not the play/wiggle that you have. Exact same setup with the short hub and 2.5 QR. Either an install issue...steering column issue or manufacturing defect I'd say.

Comment

The play you can see in the video is at the joint or whatever you want to call it. It's not the column, hub, or male piece of the quick release moving. Seems like a manufacturing issue.

The other dragging issue might be an install issue with the hub. Sometimes it feels like there's like a millimeter or two of free play in the actual turning, and it feels like dragging. That's why I think it's the plastic disc piece or the clock spring. I'll probably try resetting it a few more times. I noted while installing I could turn that plastic piece that the hub adapter sits on by a similar amount so maybe it wasn't centered or something.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X