Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone every heard of Castro Motorsport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone every heard of Castro Motorsport?

I was looking at his conversion and wrote him regarding the exhaust and he says he custom builds them for the E46 M3s. I was curious if anyone has any dealings with them?

I haven't firsthand, but I have an E30 so I lurk on R3vlimited where they come up a lot. They've done some really clean work, especially with 24v-swapped E30s. I'd call them a reputable shop.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I have indirect experience with them, while they know their swaps and they did my friends s52 swap on his car, they gave him used parts such as used radiator, used secondary clutch slave cylinder, and a few other used parts which resulted in a leak in the radiator a couple weeks later, the slave cylinder started leaking some months later. We were under the impression they were going to give us new parts since they called us and said our old parts are junk and they need to replace it. Also when we came to pick up the car we paid what they asked for, shook hands, then they said they undercharged us and wanted us to pay them another $120 the next day.

But they did build a custom exhaust and the quality of the welds are good. Sounds LOUD though.

Comment

They are one of the better independent shops in the LA area by reputation. While they've not worked on any of my cars, I have several close friends who swear by them. They've also built a lot of "famous" e30 resto-mods, including several for Frank Ocean.

Comment

Follow them on Instagram! I recently stopped for a section 2 & 3 swap. Welded up a broken tab on the section 3 as well

Comment

Working...
          X