Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another csl vs zcp wheels thread

Hi everyone:

I am getting new wheels for a 2002 E46 M3. Like many other, I love the zcp/csl style, especially oem.

However, I am pondering whether I should get the zcp or the csl version (8 vs 8.5 front). Are there pros and cons choosing one over the other? Not sure if it makes a big difference in the end.

Also, would the csl wheels require to get the dedicated csl king pins kit?

thanks for your opinions?
    1984 Ferrari 308 QV Rosso Corsa
    2002 BMW E46 M3 Euro Steel Gray
    —————————
    Sold 2004 BMW E46 M3 USA Imola Red (Boston)

No you don’t have to get the CSL kingpin to fit. I have Genuine CSL wheels front and rear. Fit just like any other wheels their size and offset.
    Pros: With CSL front you can “better” fit (subjective) wider tire if you wanted. Prob a more neutral handling set-up.
    Cons: More expensive. Harder to find fronts.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

It's very negligible of a difference. You can get OE CSL wheels and tell everyone you have OE CSL wheels. That's about it. You want some performance, get a square rear setup.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
        It's very negligible of a difference. You can get OE CSL wheels and tell everyone you have OE CSL wheels. That's about it. You want some performance, get a square rear setup.
        Is that what you’re running in your signature’s photo?
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Working...
        X