Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance gain ?

Here we go..
    if one would go down the path, of an aftermarket air box what else should be done as necessary to benefit from the addition.
    headers,tune, etc., and what approx cost are involved
    And last but not least, what are the gains to be had.
    Thxin advance..🥺
    2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Originally posted by Mystic3 View Post
    Here we go..
    if one would go down the path, of an aftermarket air box what else should be done as necessary to benefit from the addition.
    headers,tune, etc., and what approx cost are involved
    And last but not least, what are the gains to be had.
    Thxin advance..🥺
    Everything else. The stock airbox isn't a restriction until you've done all the other power mods.

At minimum, headers and cams.

Tune you'll be doing either way after, as the airbox is never 100% without the CSL flash... and it can't adapt, so you really need a tune after that unless you happen to be running CSL cams and OE BMW euro/csl headers.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

The gains would vary based on the combination of parts you end up choosing. Would you be going with stepped or non-stepped headers? Catted or catless exhaust setup? Aggressiveness of cams? Comes down to how much you’re willing to spend.
      Current: 2003.5 E46 ///M3 6MT - 2019 Ford Raptor 802A
      Past: 2015 F80 ///M3 6MT - 2006 E46 ///M3 6MT - 1999 E36 ///M3 5MT - 1991 E30 ///M3 5MT

Comment

I just added a hot air intake because I broke my box trying to get a harbage K&N drop in filter back in. Their filters are trash. Literally no power gains. It idles louder and sounds beefier low end. No change up top. I like the intake because it does add some better low end sound but don't expect anything out of an intake under the Eventuri or VF one. I feel happy with my intake because it was a solution to something that broke. I have headers, tune, and a couple resonators that replaced my muffler so I have enough mods for intakes to somewhat matter.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
          I just added a hot air intake because I broke my box trying to get a harbage K&N drop in filter back in. Their filters are trash. Literally no power gains. It idles louder and sounds beefier low end. No change up top. I like the intake because it does add some better low end sound but don't expect anything out of an intake under the Eventuri or VF one. I feel happy with my intake because it was a solution to something that broke. I have headers, tune, and a couple resonators that replaced my muffler so I have enough mods for intakes to somewhat matter.
          Some one did a dyno run with the k&n hot air intake and the need a - 10hp

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

OP you want stay with NA or Forced Induction?
            2005 IR M3 Slick Top 6speed. Mods - too much to list!
            18 R8 RWS.
            19 Vantage
            15 YMB F80 M3 DCT - gone
            Other cars too boring to list.

Comment

Good point....I want to stay NA.
              2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Working...
              X