Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Auto + HeadUnit Reloaded f/ Erisin/Eonon/Chinese Headunits

Hey everyone!

**This is for anyone with an aftermarket head unit like Erisin, Eonon, or even AVIN that uses an android phone or tablet in their cars.**

I have had an Eririn 9" Android head unit for some time now and even though I love it, there were plenty of problems. I actually reformatted the headunit within the first 6 months due to bluetooth connectivity issues, but that didn't solve the problem and I lost all of the older apps like Android Auto(AA). I tried downloading AA again but the newer version didn't work with the headunit so I was pretty much SOL. I ended up only using it for music via bluetooth, which is why I bought it in the first place.

I was surfing the web yesterday and stumbled upon this thread on the XDA Forums:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...10&postcount=2

Someone developed an app called HeadUnit Reloaded (HUR) that fixes all the bugs with the older Android Auto and made the connection methods much better. I usually do not pay for apps but after watching the videos and saw that there were 500 pages in this thread, I said screw it and paid the $4.99. I downloaded the HUR onto my headunit via hotspot from my phone and loaded it up. After following all the instructions on the website, I got it to perfectly link to my phone via USB. Google maps showed up seamlessly and the spotify app worked well too. There are quite a few other apps but I haven't messed with those yet.

Today I just got the Wifi Mode to work so now any time I get in the car, the headunit connects to the phone via bluetooth, then establishes a wifi connection with the phone. The app uses the wifi connection instead of the direct USB cable to transfer data, allowing seamless use of google maps and spotify without any wires! Now every time I hop in, I don't have to do anything and it will just automatically connect.

I hope this helps anyone with one of the aftermarket chinese head units. They are definitely lacking in the software department from the factory, but this app is a game changer. Feel free to ask any questions!

Thank you for sharing this, I have to try this. Always a pain to connect my phone via USB every time I get in the car to use Android Auto
    '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
    '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
    '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
    '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
      Thank you for sharing this, I have to try this. Always a pain to connect my phone via USB every time I get in the car to use Android Auto
      Yeah, it was usually a horrible experience before this app. I originally rooted my device so I could add a quick reboot app to reset the head unit whenever it wouldn't connect properly LOL. Let me know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
      X