Video Reference: OEM vs. AFE Power Magnum Force Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Reference: OEM vs. AFE Power Magnum Force Intake

Installed the AFE Power Magnum Force Intake with the Pro Dry S filter on it. I found a lot of the existing videos of intakes were with the hood off and transmission in neutral, the sound also gets compromised because you hear the exhaust. I tried to isolate the intake and engine sound by recording with my iPhone inside the engine bay on a run with the OEM intake and another after the installation of the AFE Power intake. Any sound you hear is purely engine sound, including the fan and belts, etc. Hopefully you can tell the sound difference. It's definitely there on throttle with rising higher rpm. From inside the car, it's not that noticeably louder nor can I really tell that there's much of a power difference.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Had my Son in the car with me and he was very nervous about losing the iPhone. Kept saying he would have to start Clash of Clans all over again.

Just added a K&N which is basically the same thing and there wasn't much change. It idles a little louder. My car is already loud, it just quiets down less after initial rich running to warm the non existent cats.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Kudos for taking the effort to supply this for people and putting phone at risk. πŸ‘πŸ»
      Curious where you had the phone at exactly in engine bay?
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
        Just added a K&N which is basically the same thing and there wasn't much change. It idles a little louder. My car is already loud, it just quiets down less after initial rich running to warm the non existent cats.
        There are multiple kn units, only one makes a big difference in sound (it’s the carb certified kn57 iirc) and it is very loud. I have it on my car and it’s awesome, I can still clearly hear the intake with a scza backbox . There was a thread a while ago that tested 3 units, two kn units and an afe I think. The 57 was the loudest. That thread has probably been deleted now.

Comment

It's been about 17 years since I put the K&N 57 on my car that came with the metal heat shield (how stupid was that), and the plastic tube into the manifold. When that filter got dirty, I switched to the ECIS shield (fiberglass) and their filter (open on the end) and loved it. ECIS is now gone so I use this as my filter replacement. It needs a little shoehorning, but works very well. Sound at WOT above 6k is very much a grin maker. ☺

BMC manufactures high-performance air filters and air intake systems for cars and motorbikes.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
            Kudos for taking the effort to supply this for people and putting phone at risk. πŸ‘πŸ»
            Curious where you had the phone at exactly in engine bay?
            Thanks. It was taped on top at the end of the intake snorkel coming from the kidney grill. I placed it here because it would be in the same equal position before and after the original box was gone. Set on video mode and then converted to mp3 audio only. Not sure if it's the best test or if I should have recorded using a different microphone on the iPhone 8 (apparently there's three different microphones.

Comment

Working...
            X