Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streetable camber/caster plates for Fortune Auto coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streetable camber/caster plates for Fortune Auto coilovers?

Does anyone have any experience with fitting non-Fortune Auto camber/castor plates on Fortune Auto coilovers? I've got a set of Fortune Auto 500's which have no castor adjustment - only camber. I'd like to be able to adjust my castor to spec, and if I can do that with a plate that also has some rubber in it to reduce some harshness, that would be ideal.

I was looking at the Turner or GC street and hybrid plates, and it looks like their solutions don't support a 12 mm shaft diameter (Vorshlag's website lists Fortune Auto with a 12 mm shaft diameter, waiting on an email from Fortune Auto to confirm). It seems like you could make almost anything fit with some sort of spacer between the shaft and mounting hole, but I was wondering if anyone has tried to fit other plates on these coilovers before. Maybe there are off the shelf solutions I'm not aware of?

In the same vein, has anyone replaced Fortune Auto rear shock mounts with something more street-friendly?

Try Millway camber plates. They are street-able. Tried some on an e90 M3. I have bad experience with GC as far as NVH. They will all eventually clunk.

https://www.millway.se/camber-plates...3e46-2016.html

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll talk to them about fitment.

I've spoken to Fortune Auto and their sister company will be putting out a castor/camber plate soon (they told me around a week), but they're going to be solid monoball. They also confirmed that the threaded section of the damper that goes through the camber plate is in fact 12 mm diameter.

I've also emailed Turner and GC about fitment of their hybrid plates, no word yet.

Comment

I thought fortune auto 500 coilover came with camber and caster plates. If they don’t then they are definitely off of the list for me. I really hope they upgrade them to have camber and caster adjustability in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Broadway Static's come with camber/caster plates (sister company of Fortune Auto) - https://broadwaystatic.com/

Comment

The ones I had were only camber not camber AND caster plates. They use a mono ball setup as well. Im guessing the OP wants to utilize a different setup. I do think the plate design is something to be more desired. I recommend the reinforcement plates as well. I think there is a member that is using a different brand of camberplate but I don’t recall their forum name.

Comment

Originally posted by zivagolee View Post
              Broadway Static's come with camber/caster plates (sister company of Fortune Auto) - https://broadwaystatic.com/
              Worst webpage ever! Shame as those products look interesting

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                I thought fortune auto 500 coilover came with camber and caster plates. If they don’t then they are definitely off of the list for me. I really hope they upgrade them to have camber and caster adjustability in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yea, unfortunately, FA doesn't make a camber+castor plate right now.

​​​​​
                Originally posted by zivagolee View Post
                Thanks, FA mentioned to me that BWS will have a solution soon. This would probably be the best off-the-shelf option for a monoball mount.

Originally posted by Ruley View Post
                The ones I had were only camber not camber AND caster plates. They use a mono ball setup as well. Im guessing the OP wants to utilize a different setup. I do think the plate design is something to be more desired. I recommend the reinforcement plates as well. I think there is a member that is using a different brand of camberplate but I don’t recall their forum name.
                I agree, the reinforcement plates are probably worth while. I have them installed as well. The camber plates that come with the kit have a much smaller area than the stock top hats.

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post

Worst webpage ever! Shame as those products look interesting
                  Irony's also not lost on this: Every single part has been updated and re imagined (this is one word) Engineered to perfection by the world’s brightest minds
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Irony's also not lost on this: Every single part has been updated and re imagined (this is one word) Engineered to perfection by the world’s brightest minds
                    Crazy that Formula 1 hasn't called them yet, they're missing out.
                    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I used Vorschlag camber/caster plates with my old Fortune Auto 510 (gen 5) setup. It was easy to order, Vorshlag had all the needed info. When I went to Motons I was able to re-use my same plates, just need different top-hat spacers provided by Vorshlag (I think I paid no more than $20 shipped for them).

Comment

How are the fortune autos? Been looking at them myself

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BBRTuning View Post
                          I used Vorschlag camber/caster plates with my old Fortune Auto 510 (gen 5) setup. It was easy to order, Vorshlag had all the needed info. When I went to Motons I was able to re-use my same plates, just need different top-hat spacers provided by Vorshlag (I think I paid no more than $20 shipped for them).
                          Thanks for the info. This will probably be the route I go if I can't get the turner hybrids to work. What was your impression of the 510's? I won't be tracking this car for a long time, so I figured the 500's were enough for now.

Originally posted by High.miles.big.smiles View Post

I can only compare them to a ~60k miles old stock suspension and the Eibach pro-street S coilovers, but the FA's handle much better than both (also much stiffer, even on the softest setting). I had to put stiffer springs on the Eibach kit (500F/600R) because the stock rates were too soft. I used the same rates on the FA's, and the FA's blow them out of the water (I could probably go down a little). Smaller bumps are more pronounced, and some larger potholes can be jarring, but if you live around mostly smooth roads, they're pretty good. The reason I'm looking for some streetable camber plates is to cut down on the NVH a little. Otherwise, I'm happy. I've only had them on for a few thousand miles, so I can't really speak about their reliability or what they're like on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by High.miles.big.smiles View Post

I run FA510's.
                            They are definitely more comfortable than BC BR's, and decent on the street. Doesn't turn the car into a luxury cruiser, but still more comfortable than a lot of stock suspension on sports cars.

At autocross, the adjustments are noticeable, and I'm able to tune corner entry and exit balance pretty well.
                            I can't credit just the shocks for this, but have gotten 2nd of 75 and 4th of 150 at two events so far, raw time. The coilovers don't hold me back.

Comment

Working...
                            X