Resonating an OE catted sec1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resonating an OE catted sec1

Is this something that's done? I'm worried that the euro headers + cats setup might still be raspier than I want (will find out when I install on Thursday), so thinking about what options exist if that's true. Based on how large/long the cats on the euro sec 1 are compared to what aftermarket catted sec 1s look like, it doesn't look like there's much room for welding in a resonator upstream. Am I wrong?

I understand that resonated sec 2 is an option but I've read that aftermarket sec2s generally can hurt you in the low-mid range unless it's the exact right supersprint piece with the crossover in the exact right place?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post
    Is this something that's done? I'm worried that the euro headers + cats setup might still be raspier than I want (will find out when I install on Thursday), so thinking about what options exist if that's true. Based on how large/long the cats on the euro sec 1 are compared to what aftermarket catted sec 1s look like, it doesn't look like there's much room for welding in a resonator upstream. Am I wrong?

I understand that resonated sec 2 is an option but I've read that aftermarket sec2s generally can hurt you in the low-mid range unless it's the exact right supersprint piece with the crossover in the exact right place?

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Good question, it is going to be hard as there is no room under there. You can check the borla V2 midpipe (https://www.borla.com/products/e46_m...rt__60090.html) and stick some cats on section 1 of it or, replace the stock section 2 resonator with a new, larger one. That might be hard too since the piping is so close you might have trouble finding one that actually fits. A resonated section two (that doesn't mess with crossovers) will not hurt a thing. The old borla midpipe did hurt hp, the V2 fixed that and sounds great, probably the way to go.

Comment

Reason I looked for a Euro200R (Found one though
      06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Working...
      X