What Cats to add to Section 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Cats to add to Section 1?

I’m thinking about adding some cats to my stock section 1 and wondering what others have done. I just added headers and I want to cut down on the smell of the catless setup. I’m going to get tuned so these don’t have to be EPA compliant.

I’m also catless on the e92 so I will probably add some cats to that setup too. HJS are sweet but not looking to spend that much.

I was looking at the Gsport GESI cats. Particularly the 300CPSI 10025 cats.

https://gsportbygesi.com/high-perfor...tems-products/

Does anyone have any experience with these? I know a good welder so I would have him weld these in for me.

Thanks

Calico
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
      Calico
      Once had a Calico, thing was crazy.

Has anyone added cats to stock section 1? Did they remove the stock resonator?

Comment

Not with this car but on various VW/Audis I’ve had experience with Gesi. The biggest tuner in that community, APR, uses them in their downpipes.

The Gesi cats are a step below HJS but a massive step above your standard high flow cat. There is no smell at all from these. Without a tune they are good enough to keep the CEL off 95% of the time.

I also plan on using Gesi cats welded into section 1 when I add headers over the winter. I’d also like to fit a couple mini resonators in there too

Aero TR Series Resonators are the most popular resonators we offer because of their versatility to fit in tight locations on most vehicle applications. It is a perfect resonator to tone down the drone and eliminate the rasp on your car, truck or SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Carbonvert; 07-12-2020, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonvert View Post
          Not with this car but on various VW/Audis I’ve had experience with Gesi. The biggest tuner in that community, APR, uses them in their downpipes.

The Gesi cats are a step below HJS but a massive step above your standard high flow cat. There is no smell at all from these. Without a tune they are good enough to keep the CEL off 95% of the time.

I also plan on using Gesi cats welded into section 1 when I add headers over the winter. I’d also like to fit a couple mini resonators in there too

Aero TR Series Resonators are the most popular resonators we offer because of their versatility to fit in tight locations on most vehicle applications. It is a perfect resonator to tone down the drone and eliminate the rasp on your car, truck or SUV.

Cool. Didn’t know APR used gesi cats. Also didn’t know about the mini resonators. I may try to squeeze those in there too since I’ll be adding an airbox and want to keep the exhaust pretty tame.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Are you just putting in cats only? No resonator? I wanted something like this before but it may not fit in the same stock area. Think these are ar20 with resonator.

Comment

That piece is what I would like to recreate. I didn’t know those were AR20 resonators- the ones I linked are a bit smaller.

I do know that the cats used in that product were cheap magnaflows. Not sure how their size compares to the GESI.

Comment

Originally posted by LukesM View Post

Cool. Didn’t know APR used gesi cats. Also didn’t know about the mini resonators. I may try to squeeze those in there too since I’ll be adding an airbox and want to keep the exhaust pretty tame.

Thanks for the info.
                Those are the ones I have, 300 cell. Cuts way way down on smell.
                Wish I saw those mini resonators when I installed my cats, there was no room for the AR25 I had.

Comment

Working...
                X