Trying to duct the back hole..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to duct the back hole..

I am attempting to run ducting to the back hole of the CSL airbox with non-factory parts. I see a route that I could pull fresh air. If you stick your hand in the fog light area to the right is the brake cooling duct, the top hole I have feeding my snorkel but to the left there is a "bulbous" part that I could envision cutting (opening) and somehow running tubing from that to the rear hole.
    In a previous post I made a while back jbfrancis3 explained how one could use this area to pull fresh air from and Obioban suggested I buy some 3" brake ducting to use as ducting.

Today at the hardware store I picked up some black rubber pieces in the PVC fittings section thinking somehow someway I could make them work for me. Can anyone tell me if these will just melt without me having to ruin one with a heatgun experiment?

Ducitng this hole looks quite tedious and tight, so very close to the alternator. I would love to duct that rear hole because currently while at idle it sucks in air 4" from the hot alternator. This seems like it will take a bunch a fiddling around, maybe I should simply source factory parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200712_215321.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	42499 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200712_214305.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	42500
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

After I posted in your thread, I had the front end apart and took some better photos. Have long intended to make a post so let me do that now. Stay...umm...posted 🙄
    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

That would be awesome.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Working...
      X