Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 10figs View Post
    Hi All,

Maybe someone can chime in, I am trying to fit the Karbonius snorkel to OEM airbox duct from the fog light area. I did the opposite and cut the top of the duct back about 2 inches. Still not sure how to fit the triangle shape snorkel end into the duct.

Would I use some sort of flexible tubing or cut it back further and best fit is letting the snorkel sit on it?

Suggestion to cap the small (idle inlet) on the airbox? Painters tape?

Thanks.
    Best way to do this a get good air flow to the snorkel is to get an Eventuri style scoop and connect a 3" brake duct tubing from the snorkel to the top of the scoop. The secondary feed can be blocked off with a 3D printed plug which Karbonius might have available.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Best way to do this a get good air flow to the snorkel is to get an Eventuri style scoop and connect a 3" brake duct tubing from the snorkel to the top of the scoop. The secondary feed can be blocked off with a 3D printed plug which Karbonius might have available.
      I agree with this. It'll be nice and neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you think about it, this will flow basically zero air unless you use something like the Eventuri scoop as well. The factory system is under vacuum so can pull air up from the duct without it. Just sticking the CSL snorkel end into the hose won’t pull up any air because of the huge opening to the rest of the engine bay — needs a ram air effect as well for any air flow to happen.

Comment

Thanks and will look into those options, for now I was able to fit the OEM duct into the snorkel (thanks to Eb from TEK for this suggestion) and will use painters tape as base with some sealing tape on top for now.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
            If you think about it, this will flow basically zero air unless you use something like the Eventuri scoop as well. The factory system is under vacuum so can pull air up from the duct without it. Just sticking the CSL snorkel end into the hose won’t pull up any air because of the huge opening to the rest of the engine bay — needs a ram air effect as well for any air flow to happen.
            Thanks appreciate the feedback here super helpful.

Comment

With the eventuri scoop, how is everyone connecting the triangle shape snorkel to the round connector of the eventuri scoop?

Comment

Working...
              X