Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle body couplers (CSL airbox)

Hey Guys,

Can someone tell me the part number for the CSL airbox rubber throttle body couplers? I have an '05 ZCP and I feel like the couplers i have installed are the wrong ones.

Thanks,
    Kareem

After 10/04 you need this : 11617830265
    or
    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Is there any preference on the clamps used? To attach to the throttle bodies? To attach the the CSL airbox itself?

Comment

I would use the factory clamps and not the hose style clamps, the hose clamps look bad (imo), they can interfere with the movement of the throttle linkage, traditional hose clamps don't usually provide an even pressure around the entire circumference of what they are attached to and can potentially loosen over time.

Needless to say, I suggest using factory clamps. With factory clamps you will need two separate tools as the clamps on the airbox are different than the clamps on the throttle bodies, those tools can be had for around $15 a piece and one is a CV clamp tool you will probably be able to use on other jobs.

Boots: (Order IF manufactured after 10/2004)
        https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/11617830265/

Airbox Clamps:

Throttle Body Clamps:
        https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/11617831745/

Throttle Body Clamp Tool:
        https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002...b_b_asin_title

Airbox Clamp Tool:
        https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-30800-B...ETBWP0W8MNZKNH

EDIT: Finally got the part #'s correct...
        Last edited by Cubieman; 07-14-2020, 11:34 AM.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by 1984M3 View Post
          Is there any preference on the clamps used? To attach to the throttle bodies? To attach the the CSL airbox itself?
          On the throttle body side, I'd use the original clamps that are on the stock airbox as those are reusable and won't interfere with the throttle body linkage. For the airbox side, the one-time use ear clamp style work well for the OE plastic trumpets on the OE CSL or Karbonius CSL airboxes and they look cleaner. Another option is a set of OEM NORMA clamps - https://www.amazon.com/NORMA-0126670.../dp/B06Y283HH9 - like the ones used on the S65 airbox which are reusable and don't require the crimping tool.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

On the throttle body side, I'd use the original clamps that are on the stock airbox as those are reusable and won't interfere with the throttle body linkage. For the airbox side, the one-time use ear clamp style work well for the OE plastic trumpets on the OE CSL or Karbonius CSL airboxes and they look cleaner. Another option is a set of OEM NORMA clamps - https://www.amazon.com/NORMA-0126670.../dp/B06Y283HH9 - like the ones used on the S65 airbox which are reusable and don't require the crimping tool.
              ^^ those are the ones I used. I used them all the way around though. No problems hitting the TB.
              06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post

^^ those are the ones I used. I used them all the way around though. No problems hitting the TB.
                Why does ECS say 11617830265 is for up to 10/2004? Shouldn't it be from 10/2004? 2006 M3 so trying to get the right one.

Comment

Why does ECS say 11617830265 is for up to 10/2004? Shouldn't it be from 10/2004? 2006 M3 so trying to get the right one.
                  Bc you need a pre 10/2004 it will fit your 2006 though.

What I did to keep cost down it’s looked for a SMG intake pre 10/04 and just took the couplers off. I got it for about $80 locally. (SMG is cheaper than the 6mt manifold)
                  Last edited by COVID-19; 07-14-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Bc you need a pre 10/2004 it will fit your 2006.
                    Thanks! Appreciate it.

Comment

Pre 10/2004 airboxes had the same boots as the CSL airbox. Newer non-CSL airboxes use larger boots at the airbox end. So you need to buy the old boots when converting to a CSL box.

Comment

True. I prefer using the stock TB ones as they are already there and look cleaner. I like to orient the NORMA clamp screw side underneath on the airbox side and that does not work on the TB side. Usually, they have to be mounted opposite of the locking nuts on the TB linkage and upwards to allow easy access to them.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Pre 10/2004 airboxes had the same boots as the CSL airbox. Newer non-CSL airboxes use larger boots at the airbox end. So you need to buy the old boots when converting to a CSL box.
                          Thanks Terra for explaining the why on this.

Comment

Working...
                          X