Wideband O2 AFR Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wideband O2 AFR Monitoring

What's the best way to monitor AFR for these cars? Interested in installing a wideband with a gauge, anyone have recommendations?

Also, since I'm running catless headers (status gruppe), can I use one of the post-cat O2's location to get a reading?

Please share your setups if you have one.

I too am interested in this. Curious to see where people mounted their AFR sensor and how they routed the wiring.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I’m interested in this setup too

Comment

I was kinda looking into this for a while but I wanted to datalog not gauge... PLX is probs best bang for buck for gauge setup... Innovate Motorsports LC-2 good bang for buck datalogging and i believe it can feed a gauge as well... If you already have an AiM system then best to go with their Lambda-One setup...

One day I will probably drill out the post cat o2s on my Supersprint headers so they are no longer restricted and then install some Innovate Motorsport sensors but its not really a pressing job for me at the moment.

Comment

For those curious. I tried both the AEM 30-0310 UEGO and the innovate LC-2, I would personally recommend the Innovate because it was much easier to install, and my AEM unit died a day after. Installation was straightforward, since I have headers I simply used the post cat O2 location for bank 2, no error since my tune deletes my post cat O2 DTCs. Ran the wire up to the drug bin where I placed the controller, and used the same grommet as the angel eye install to run the wires into the glovebox for power.

If you wanted to run wideband for both banks go with the Innovate DLG-1.

For data logging, the LC2 already comes with a serial out that you can plug into a laptop whereas the AEM you have to hack up your own serial female end to create a serial out. As for gauge I haven't decided, personally not a fan of interior gauges so I'll probably just leave one in the glovebox and take it out if i need to keep an eye.

Comment

My air vents gauge setup
            used to have Innovate before I switched to AEM controller

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post
              My air vents gauge setup
              IMO that is the perfect set up! This is exactly what I have been searching for lol. What gauges are those?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnvu View Post

IMO that is the perfect set up! This is exactly what I have been searching for lol. What gauges are those?
                These are open frame gauges from VEI systems that I custom built inside the vents.
                i build those per order if u r interested

Comment

When you’re logging are you doing it vs rpm and/or load signal to capture AFR under different conditions or is it just against time ?

Comment

i am purchasing an innovate LC-2 setup.

i will be using it with this custom .96 gauge setup that will go into the cluster where the SMG screen used to be.

just need the SMG screen bezel and it will look factory.

i emailed the company ZADA-TECH and they will setup the mini gauge to display BOOST and AFR simultaneously.

im really looking forward to having this setup soon.

heres a pic i saw on facebook originally of a guy with just boost

i hate adding 3rd party gauges and i was on the verge of getting the VENT setup like one of the guys above but having the display in the cluster will be just what i was looking for.

the cost was not too bad.

i paid a little over $200 after euro conversion and it included a controller box that handles multiple gauge inputs, the display, wiring, boost sensor and controller box setup to accept 0-5v input from the innovate wideband output on the innovate box.

Comment

The company already wrote me back today before they ship my product out.

They wanted to show me the display to make sure it's what I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
                        i am purchasing an innovate LC-2 setup.

i will be using it with this custom .96 gauge setup that will go into the cluster where the SMG screen used to be.

just need the SMG screen bezel and it will look factory.

i emailed the company ZADA-TECH and they will setup the mini gauge to display BOOST and AFR simultaneously.

im really looking forward to having this setup soon.

heres a pic i saw on facebook originally of a guy with just boost

i hate adding 3rd party gauges and i was on the verge of getting the VENT setup like one of the guys above but having the display in the cluster will be just what i was looking for.

the cost was not too bad.

i paid a little over $200 after euro conversion and it included a controller box that handles multiple gauge inputs, the display, wiring, boost sensor and controller box setup to accept 0-5v input from the innovate wideband output on the innovate box.
                        Wow that looks really clean, wouldn't mind a AFR readout in the SMG gear display location. Probably too much work for me but curious to see how it turns out for you

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
                          The company already wrote me back today before they ship my product out.

They wanted to show me the display to make sure it's what I wanted.
                          If you could just get them to make that text redish/orangish to match the stock odo section instead of the white text then that would basically look stock...

Comment

These are open frame gauges from VEI systems that I custom built inside the vents.
                            i build those per order if u r interested
                            Can you send me a PM? Very interested.
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

My air vents gauge setup
                              I cannot help but notice the start button. Mind sharing how you integrated it? Do you still need to use the key/lock cylinder, or are you fully keyless?

Thanks.

Jesse
                              Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Working...
                              X