No announcement yet.

Loss of power above 7600rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calibration and adjustment are synonymous. The word escaped me at the time. It was necessary for you to correct that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Matty088 View Post
      Calibration and adjustment are synonymous. The word escaped me at the time. It was necessary for you to correct that ?
      Been around these cars for a long time now and never heard anyone call it valve calibration before. Yes it was necessary to correct it so there was no misunderstanding. The term to me implied something to do with calibration tables in the ECU.

Not trying to be a pain, just trying to help. Honest. Saw your other post. Hopeful that the valve adjustment does the trick.

Comment

HEY OP! Before going down the vanos road, how's the air filter? Don't laugh, I've seen this rob HP lol... Spark Plugs good?

Comment

Originally posted by Dafoe View Post
          HEY OP! Before going down the vanos road, how's the air filter? Don't laugh, I've seen this rob HP lol... Spark Plugs good?
          osnap dafoe is back?!? Welcome to the new digs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Plugs are new and the air filter is a new eventuri. I was thinking of cleaning my maf. Any thoughts on that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Matty088 View Post
              Plugs are new and the air filter is a new eventuri. I was thinking of cleaning my maf. Any thoughts on that ?
              don't hold your breath. perhaps your cats are clogging. without codes you are fishing without a reel. hopefully something pops up. if you can scan with DIS, you may get some clues.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Been around these cars for a long time now and never heard anyone call it valve calibration before. Yes it was necessary to correct it so there was no misunderstanding. The term to me implied something to do with calibration tables in the ECU.

Not trying to be a pain, just trying to help. Honest. Saw your other post. Hopeful that the valve adjustment does the trick.
                +1

He's doing you a favor by correcting you OP. You will get laughed at if you say that. Take it as constructive criticism.

Fix your vanos, do a valve adjustment and then come back with results.
                This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

If you haven't done the vanos seals and oil disk, you should start thinking about them. It's a matter of time before the crappy o-rings in the sealing plate fail and leak oil down the front of the engine. If the exhaust tab on the oil disk fails it can get expensive quick. You can skip the rattle kit if the vanos isn't noisy.

As for your problem, I'm leaning towards pulling timing. Cleaning the maf probably won't help but it's super cheap and easy to do. You could use a data logger to see what is going on. Has it been going on long? Is the car leaning out at high rpm with your intake? Do you have good fuel pressure at high rpm?
                  Last edited by Mspir3d; 07-28-2020, 04:55 AM.
                  IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Working...
                  X