Tired Drivers Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired Drivers Seat

i have 80K on my e46 and the drivers seat is feeling kinda tired. the seat bottom has lost all cushion. the leather is great. has anyone had their fronts seats refurb'ed? if so, tell me about it. cost? satisfaction?

I replaced the foam in the ass portion of my stock drivers seat at ~90,000 miles. Just used new OE foam. Felt new again-- would recommend if you're sticking with the stock seats.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I’ve been debating putting in new bottom seat foam. It’s about $250 if I remember correctly. Buildjournal has a pretty solid write up on how to take the seat apart.
      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I just had this done, purchased the seat foam from ECS, and had it installed by Fibrenew. Couldn’t stand seeing the butt-dent from previous owners.

Comment

aapitcher - what did FibreNew Grapevine (i am in DFW) charge for the install?

Comment

The Fibrenew rep charged $175. He removed the seat, took it to his shop, had it for about 3 days

Originally posted by M3 Driver View Post
            aapitcher - what did FibreNew Grapevine (i am in DFW) charge for the install?

Comment

I did fixer it myself without getting Bmw foam, just make sure you get most firm and dense upholstery foam. You will also need a contact cement. Took me a couple of hours. Longest was putting those hog rings back.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                  Nice job, mine looks similar. Where did you get the foam?

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                    I did fixer it myself without getting Bmw foam, just make sure you get most firm and dense upholstery foam. You will also need a contact cement. Took me a couple of hours. Longest was putting those hog rings back.
                    Nice job, where did you get the foam? Mine looks similar.

Comment

I got it off eBay. Had to order twice as first piece was not firm enough for my taste (big butt hehe). So maybe better to go to a big fabric/upholstery store they will have some and you can touch it. I will look if I saved the bay seller. Just for the reference it was like $15-20 foam piece so I was not very upset that first piece was not what I wanted.

Comment

Wow, looks great. It definitely helps that your leather is still in good condition.
                        01 M5 Dinan S-2 ish
                        03 M3 Dinan S-2 ish

Comment

Working...
                        X