Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buildjournal Catted Tune + Megan Headers + Fabspeed HJS Cats Sec 1 = Pass CA Smog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buildjournal Catted Tune + Megan Headers + Fabspeed HJS Cats Sec 1 = Pass CA Smog

So for those of you who live in CA, I was able to pass smog last week with a Buildjournal catted tune, Megan Headers, Fabspeed’s HJS directional cats section 1and RE EL Diablo Sec 3. I’m assuming the same would be for Euro Cats and most other exhaust setups etc. I know before when searching on M3Forum, I wasn’t able to find any definitive info on passing smog with euro style exhaust setup with a tune in CA. Now obviously the smog guy wasn’t exactly looking under my car etc but it passed the OBD part with no issues.
    2004 E46 Imola Red M3 Coupe
    2015 F56 Pepper White Mini Cooper S
    2018 W205 Polar White C300 AMG Night Edition

Originally posted by 174bpm View Post
    So for those of you who live in CA, I was able to pass smog last week with a Buildjournal catted tune, Megan Headers, Fabspeed’s HJS directional cats section 1and RE EL Diablo Sec 3. I’m assuming the same would be for Euro Cats and most other exhaust setups etc. I know before when searching on M3Forum, I wasn’t able to find any definitive info on passing smog with euro style exhaust setup with a tune in CA. Now obviously the smog guy wasn’t exactly looking under my car etc but it passed the OBD part with no issues.
    I hear most people fail bc of visual than with a tune. Also see most members in CA go with euro headers/sec 1 and never had problems.
    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Yea I can see most people failing the visual. Gotta have a friendly guy looking around I guess. I had found some info on people running just the euro cats passing but no one with the setup and a Buildjournal Tune.
      2004 E46 Imola Red M3 Coupe
      2015 F56 Pepper White Mini Cooper S
      2018 W205 Polar White C300 AMG Night Edition

Comment

To my understanding, you can run any tune as long as all the monitors show ready with no CEL. It is the visual that I see some fail with.

Comment

Working...
        X