Broken muffler. What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken muffler. What next?

So my 06 has a active autoworks muffler and I beleve the section before is autoworks as well.
    the muffler baffle is rattling. Is there any chance to fix this or just get a new muffler?
    will any muffler fit cus of the non factory section 2 I believe?
    if a new muffler is required what do we recommend? Dont want it to loud.

Thanks.
    Typed on phone sorry for any errors l.

Any muffler shop should be able to fix it at a reasonable cost versus getting a new one. I can't image it has a complex internal design. I would guess they would cut a small window, pull out the packing material, weld the loose piece, repack and weld it up.

Comment

^ I would think the same thing. Reputable exhaust shop should be able to cut the muffler panel to expose the internals and see where the rattle is. Be it a baffle, pipe or perforated piping. On an aftermarket muffler this expensive it might have an extended warranty. Or at the least AA might be aware of it and tell you were/what is going on and if repairable. I would call AA and see.
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
      X