Video: Regular Car Reviews does the E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video: Regular Car Reviews does the E46 M3

His reviews are more philosophical than anything, but what do you think? I think a lot of the "Sonic street racer stereotypes" he brings up are out-of-date. Not many douches driving these around nowadays since they probably blew their engines or subframes a long time ago... and the fact that our cars are pretty slow compared to modern stuff.

"A guy buys an M3 and launches it into his girlfriend's life like an unwelcome dick pic from a stranger. Because you know your pleasure is secondary to the maintenance of a German car from 17 wholeass years ago."
    Accurate
    Last edited by mcfreid; 07-27-2020, 10:33 AM.
    2006 M3 ZCP coupe, jet black on black, 6 speed
    2001 325xi wagon, red on beige, 5 speed

Comment

I don't know, I sort of feel like his review is about five years too late in describing the average E46 M3 owner, maybe? I live in rural TN so perhaps I'm not exposed to this level of douche baggery.

My car will grab a few second looks but most people around here view my M3 as some shiny old car, not sure how much status is left in it.

Side note: Two weekends ago I test drove:

1. e92 m3 comp
      2. 2020 m2 comp
      3. 2020 GR Supra
      4. 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition

In summation, our cars are still really good. What car did I like best out of those four? Supra.
      Last edited by oceansize; 07-27-2020, 10:22 AM.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
        I don't know, I sort of feel like his review is about five years too late in describing the average E46 M3 owner, maybe? I live in rural TN so perhaps I'm not exposed to this level of douche baggery.

My car will grab a few second looks but most people around here view my M3 as some shiny old car, not sure how much status is left in it.

Side note: Two weekends ago I test drove:

1. e92 m3 comp
        2. 2020 m2 comp
        3. 2020 GR Supra
        4. 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition

In summation, our cars are still really good. What car did I like best out of those four? Supra.
        As are all vids of the m3, like guys, its been done. How many more "WHY YOU NEED AN EFORTYSIXM3 TODAY RIGHT NOW ACCORDING TO ME" vids do we need lol.
        However, from enthusiasts I seem to be getting much more attention/looks now than I ever did. Guess its popular now for some reason. Probably corona related.
        How'd you like the GT350? That car is high on my list of cars to get.

Comment

Wow... the car in that video is one beat POS.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
            Wow... the car in that video is one beat POS.
            I couldn’t believe that car only had 101k miles. compared to my car with only 1k miles less... That thing is trashed.
            Instagram: @s54.m3

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post
              How'd you like the GT350? That car is high on my list of cars to get.
              Preface this with I strongly dislike mustangs. I didn't grow up dreaming about them and after driving a few in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s I said to myself I will never, ever own a mustang. Cheap, poorly designed, interiors (i understand why, keep costs low) and I hate the seating position/driver's view in every Mustang I ever drove.

However, I would buy a GT350. I was blown away by how much it didn't suck. I can't draw any objective conclusions from a one time test drive (I drove each car as hard and as long as I could while respecting those around me) but I would probably, most definitely probably buy the GT350 over the M2 comp and E90 comp. I would need some more wheel time to be sure and before I make a final decision on my new daily I will drive each again. It feels a bit more analog (cliche I know) over the M2 and E90 comp. I would recommend test driving one.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Not much to base stereotypes on around here. In my 2 years of ownership and really looking out for these things I've seen exactly one other E46 M3 and it was a brief look. I do however get a thumbs up from other BMWs and a lot of younger drivers be it in Suburas, Hondas or whatever who know what it is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried watching it. It's a pretty shit video and not really that funny.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Preface this with I strongly dislike mustangs. I didn't grow up dreaming about them and after driving a few in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s I said to myself I will never, ever own a mustang. Cheap, poorly designed, interiors (i understand why, keep costs low) and I hate the seating position/driver's view in every Mustang I ever drove.

However, I would buy a GT350. I was blown away by how much it didn't suck. I can't draw any objective conclusions from a one time test drive (I drove each car as hard and as long as I could while respecting those around me) but I would probably, most definitely probably buy the GT350 over the M2 comp and E90 comp. I would need some more wheel time to be sure and before I make a final decision on my new daily I will drive each again. It feels a bit more analog (cliche I know) over the M2 and E90 comp. I would recommend test driving one.
                    I'm with you on never even considering a mustang until now, complete trash before, metro bus level of engineering and design.
                    It has my attention now though and is a very special car, at least on paper. Excited to drive one. It is going to be tough to choose this over a Vantage and tough choosing a Vantage over this.

Comment

I’m taking a GT350 to the track on Thursday for the first time, I’ll let you guys know how it is...

FWIW driving around town and on back roads, it blows any F chassis BMW out of the water and is what I would consider an evolution to the S65 cars. If BMW hadn’t gone turbos with the craptastic S55 cars, I’d like to think it would end up looking like the GT350 (without the panel gaps and trash interior). I also did two days in an F82 on Ohlins and NT01s and meh. Fast, capable car but pretty forgettable.
                      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I watched it. I like RCR and his style. Sucks that the car was beat, SMG and poorly kept.

Line that killed me, "smells like a hookah bar and lo mein"

Every brownie is Socal just got attacked personally lmao
                        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                        2005 BMW ///M3
                        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

"we can't escape the intrinsic human desire towards regression. to return to what was always a simpler time (in the minds eye). but while nostalgia is a lovely thing, it would lose all meaning if we could go back to those days whenever we wanted. it has meaning because we can never get it back, not truly. we can only relive it in a shell, which were the products of the times."

that hit home real hard

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                            that hit home real hard
                            His car reviews can be quite inaccurate, but I do enjoy hearing his take on life.
                            The ones I like are the PT Cruiser review and Wear a Condom Story.

He was also the guy who did the Red Letter Media reviews but I digress.

Comment

What’s the connection between RLM and him?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X