Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the sensor for automatic headlights located?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the sensor for automatic headlights located?

2002 M3. I keep my headlights on the "Auto" mode, and it's broad daylight today yet the xenons were on. Is this feature time-based, or based on the lighting outside? It was before 8AM when the lights were on today. Now I went to test it (11AM) and I am not having the issue.

Thanks!
    Last edited by scubastove; 07-29-2020, 07:25 AM.

Light sensor on the windshield, behind the rear view mirror.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

And what does the little eye on the LCM do? Just dash dimming?
      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
        I've wondered about this for as long as I've owned the car. I wouldn't think it's for dash / cluster light dimming as they're on a rotary thingy knob on the lcm. Then again, I have don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
          It's for the radio/obc lighting. If I remember correctly you can even put a flashlight up to it at night and see it change them.
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
          X