Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 year review of my SMG (from clunk to no clunk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacCube View Post
    MLR also offers an aluminum expansion tank for a CSL type mounting that is less expensive than the plastic version that they also offer. Go figure. Burkhart has the best relocation bracket that I have seen. They may be the only one that still offers one. The fewer suppliers there are, the more expensive the parts will become.
    The best relocation bracket was made for me (prototype) by VinceSE2 This is for vehicles with the bin empty on the passenger side. It was also made to fit perfectly with the radium oil catch can.

Right now the best one for sale is Burkhart though as Vince never put the SMG bracket into production.

Comment

So I was looking in to doing this to my car while it is down and I only have basic options for special tests. Someone mentioned having to instead go in and modify a .DMF file but that didn't help me either. I tried to change it to an .ini but did not make a difference.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1).png
Views:	140
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	219316

Comment

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post
        So I was looking in to doing this to my car while it is down and I only have basic options for special tests. Someone mentioned having to instead go in and modify a .DMF file but that didn't help me either. I tried to change it to an .ini but did not make a difference.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1).png
Views:	140
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	219316
        Use Mikes easy bmw tools installer. Works like a charm and the smg tests are available without messing with any config files.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Use Mikes easy bmw tools installer. Works like a charm and the smg tests are available without messing with any config files.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/m...ackage.879366/
          I can not thank you enough!

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/m...ackage.879366/
            +1 best thing I've ever found for working on E46/92 chassis! I've become quite the hit with my other BMW track buddies lol

Great thread!

Comment

Working...
            X