DSC pressure sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC pressure sensor

Does anyone know/have a good diy to replacing the DSC pressure sensors thats underneath the brake fluid reservoir?
    I found a few online but all of them seem to be the type that has the unit on the right hand side with much more room for access.
    Mine is a 2005 US spec and its sitting cramped up against the ebox and no way to get underneath to get to the sensors
    Thanks

Post 9 at

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...fecta.1110274/
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

That’s a good step by step instruction. I just bit the billet and paid an Indy for 3 hrs to do this. Consider the brakes also need to be bled with the abs cycling. So you would need something like INPA.

Comment

Thanks for the link oceansize. A nicely detailed writeup Ill definitely try it out. Although it seems like one of those jobs that would take 2 seconds if not for the DME box getting in the way. I wonder if there is a reasonable way to take it out??? WOuld make life so much easier

Comment

Just going through this as well, what a PITA! Anyone know which sensor is “1” am which is “2”? I popped a code for DSC press sensor 1, but don’t know if that’s the “V” or “H” sensor, as they are marked on the master cylinder.

Comment

If you’re going to go through the trouble just replace both sensors. They are the same age and are subject to the same environment so the second one may not be far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by M3tro81 View Post
              Just going through this as well, what a PITA! Anyone know which sensor is “1” am which is “2”? I popped a code for DSC press sensor 1, but don’t know if that’s the “V” or “H” sensor, as they are marked on the master cylinder.
              Check out this youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pijdPKTkUzE
              According to the video looks like sensor 1 is the sensor that is to the front of the car.
              And sensor 2 is the one toward the rear of the car

But T.J. is right on when he says might as well do both since its a PITA wouldnt want to revisit

Comment

Hinter “H” - Rear
                Vorderseite “V” - Front

Sensor 1 is front
                Sensor 2 is rear

Replace both would also be my recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My troll of a car decides to clear the faults by itself. Meanwhile im here experiencing a rollercoaster of emotions

Comment

Originally posted by yhp2009 View Post
                    My troll of a car decides to clear the faults by itself. Meanwhile im here experiencing a rollercoaster of emotions
                    Sorry mate, the codes will come back. I would still plan on swapping the sensors.

If you did manage to get the DME box out I bet you could get a swivel socket in there without removing the piping to the MC.

Some well placed dremel bits might make easy work of that DME box removal without breaking it too much.

If you can get access to it and swap the sensor fast enough without letting the MC run dry I bet you could avoid the pain of bleeding the DSC. What I would do is get the new sensors snug, hook up pressure bleeder, then loosen the sensors until fluid started to come out then tighten it up. If the pedal was soft I would bleed the whole system though.

Comment

Sad but prolly true. I'll give it a good week to see if it comes back. But its definitely on my to do list

Comment

FWIW: when I bought my car 2.5 years ago, I was having these codes pop up once every couple months, they'd go away when I clear them. This happened a few times in the first 6 months, and I planned on replacing these pressure sensors. But my mechanic at the time told me that these codes actually usually go away on their own. I didn't really believe him, but decided to hold off until they come back one more time. And, wouldn't you know it, I haven't had the codes come back in 2 years and 20 000 miles. Have had zero DSC problems or codes since then.

Hope they don't come back!

Comment

Yea the DSC fault did pop up a few times in the past for me a well. But always managed to disappear on the next start up.
                          This is the first time it stuck around for a couple days so not the most optimistic but you never know. Hopefully it stays gone

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                            Hinter “H” - Rear
                            Vorderseite “V” - Front

Sensor 1 is front
                            Sensor 2 is rear

Replace both would also be my recommendation.

Thanks!

Comment

A couple of questions from this old thread:

- Are both pressure sensors the same part number?
                              - If you purchase a new master cylinder, do the sensors come with it? I think no as this was inferred in another thread but wanted to confirm. (Two sensors are $300, new MC $600)
                              - Would you replace the master cylinder anyways, car has 140k miles, while you are in there?
                              ‘04 M3

Comment

Working...
                              X