E46 M3 GC Camber/Caster KIT (Street)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 GC Camber/Caster KIT (Street)

Hello Everyone - I've been looking at the GC camber plates to replace my OEM strut top hats and i was wondering if anyone has any feedback about the NVH, ease of use & overall value of the product (street variation of the plates).

My suspension is all stock and i'm looking for the least NVH possible (close to stock) - Here is what i've been looking at with the stock spring/strut config: https://groundcontrolstore.com/colle...te-street-pair

The main reason for getting this kit is because i require the additional camber adjustment (if not i would be replacing with OEM top hats)

I thank you for taking your time to read this and I appreciate any feedback/input

Yup, I have the non-M version for my ZHP which is basically the same thing aside from the strut shaft being offset vs concentric. No discernible difference in NVH, as it has a urethane bushing. Camber adjustment is pretty easy, just jack up the car such that you have just a bit of preload on the wheels, loosen the 3 nuts, slide the strut in/out, or forwards/back for caster (not much adjustment there though). On my non-M I'm currently sitting at -3.0 deg camber in the front, and I still have about -0.5 deg more if I wanted. I can't speak for value as I got mine used.

Some pics:

Comment

Thank you, i did see your post of this back in June and you mentioned a concern with the steering wheel not returning back to center (if i recall correctly), you also mentioned it has harder to steer, is that still an issue? Thanks again for the insight!

Originally posted by timmo View Post
      Yup, I have the non-M version for my ZHP which is basically the same thing aside from the strut shaft being offset vs concentric. No discernible difference in NVH, as it has a urethane bushing. Camber adjustment is pretty easy, just jack up the car such that you have just a bit of preload on the wheels, loosen the 3 nuts, slide the strut in/out, or forwards/back for caster (not much adjustment there though). On my non-M I'm currently sitting at -3.0 deg camber in the front, and I still have about -0.5 deg more if I wanted. I can't speak for value as I got mine used.

Some pics:

Comment

Originally posted by Irhase46m3 View Post
        Thank you, i did see your post of this back in June and you mentioned a concern with the steering wheel not returning back to center (if i recall correctly), you also mentioned it has harder to steer, is that still an issue? Thanks again for the insight!

Yeah, it was just because the bearing has a lot more resistance to turning than the stock bearings. At least with the non-M stock strut tops, the bearings spin like any ball bearing, however with the axial preload from the nut on the GC plates, the bearings require some force to turn. However in the grand scheme of things this resistance is negligible compared to other forces in play, so steering torque is not affected from a driver's POV.

Comment

I run GC street plates. I can't say I noticed nvh. Once you throw an exhaust or intake on the car, you can't hear much anyway .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

I run these as well on my e46 M3. No increased NVH and I switched the entire setup when I installed ohlins r&t coilovers. Adjustment is very easy and I added the strut housing reinforcement plates as well. Problem free so far and no increased steering effort on my oem wheels and this setup. I only get a different steering feel when I run 275's squared setup with my track wheels.

Comment

Thank you all the feedback, greatly appreciated, i just placed an order for the kit! :-]

Comment

Working...
              X