Replacement Sharp LCD for Sat Nav?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Sharp LCD for Sat Nav?

Where is the best place to buy the correct Sharp LCD display for the E46 widescreen sat nav?

Interested to see what others say. From what I remember, the best thing to do is ship the entire unit in to be fixed. The new screen may need to be adjusted (centered vertically and horizontally) and is difficult to do DIY. I've been looking at this place: https://www.germanaudiotech.com/prod...gation-monitor
    2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

Sorry, dont have a part for you. Just wanted to comment on the install. You will most likely need to bench power the unit to center the screen properly. Did this years ago but the swap consisted of taking apart the unit, removing the CD drive and other internal parts.
      '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

I have been looking into this for my e39 M5 since some of the Nav screen pixels have started to die. There are two sites which I’ve found that you can source just the screens. See below. If you search YouTube then you can find the DIY videos as well. Although they don’t really explain how to align the screen vertically/horizontally or how to adjust brightness.

These run about $125-150. So the German Audio Tech guys are asking for $100 in labor, with a $250 turnkey solution, should you think that is worth the time and effort.

Screen for the e39, slightly different viewing angle per the website above.

2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by ac427 View Post
          Where is the best place to buy the correct Sharp LCD display for the E46 widescreen sat nav?
          What's wrong with yours? Assuming not a technical problem...

Mine had enough surface rubbing/mild scratches, that I used a chemical (forgot what it was) to rub off the entire anti-glare coating, and then installed an anti-glare screen protector for an ipad that I cut to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesSJ1 View Post

What's wrong with yours? Assuming not a technical problem...

Mine had enough surface rubbing/mild scratches, that I used a chemical (forgot what it was) to rub off the entire anti-glare coating, and then installed an anti-glare screen protector for an ipad that I cut to fit.
            That is exactly what is wrong with mine. The old one had a thick line of dead pixels running through it. So i swapped the LCD from a Wide Screen unit that had a broken bezel and controls to my original unit.

Sadly the LCD is unreadable in sunlight because it had been polished to within an inch of its life.

Where did you get the replacement anti glare screen protector?

Comment

Originally posted by ac427 View Post

That is exactly what is wrong with mine. The old one had a thick line of dead pixels running through it. So i swapped the LCD from a Wide Screen unit that had a broken bezel and controls to my original unit.

Sadly the LCD is unreadable in sunlight because it had been polished to within an inch of its life.

Where did you get the replacement anti glare screen protector?
              I bought two types, but I think this is the one I actually used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G4SA1FG/
              The polishing you refer to is actually removal of the anti-glare coating. No polish required. The screen is naturally very glossy, and the screen has a coating on it to give it a matte anti-glare finish. I forgot what chemical I used...might have been rubbing alcohol, or even just water like this guy: http://www.diymybmw.com/e46/fix-scra...n-lcd-display/ (good instructions here for the whole process). Plastic cleaner and plastic polish (Maguiar's makes some great ones) would also be a good option.

Good measurements, a metal straight edge and a sharp X-Acto blade and you can cut the screen protector above to fit perfectly. Great anti-glare even in my convertible. You can put an extra 0.5-1mm so the edges tuck just under the plastic edge around the screen and it's almost unnoticeable. Same care has to be taken curing installation as installing a screen protector on a phone or tablet. Use some tape to tack away dust so there isn't a spec of it anywhere before installing. After a year one edge has "pulled away" just enough to be annoying visible. It's the edge side that I cut, so thinking I might have to angle the blade the next time around. For $8 on Amazon, you get enough screen protector material to make 3-4 of these, so you can afford to screw one up.
              Last edited by JamesSJ1; 08-05-2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

You can search for the screen on eBay with the part number (LQ065T9BR51U ) or
                (LQ065T9BR54U)
                both fit for E46 natvigation unit the only difference is the wires Length and both can be used

Comment

I think mine was LQ065T9BR54U when I changed mine out. It was a huge pain adjusting the settings on the back of the screen.
                  Also, if you want a precut film that fits our cars, order for Chevrolet Suburban 2010 here:
                  In five easy steps, you can protect your digital device… *Models marked with an asterisk are sealed screens. These films use a 3/16″ wide, strip around the outer film edges to adhere to standard antiglare film only. DayVue and Triple A films are not affected. Elo screens can have several different types of touch displays....

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed.Alghoul View Post
                    You can search for the screen on eBay with the part number (LQ065T9BR51U ) or (LQ065T9BR54U)
                    both fit for E46 navigation unit the only difference is the wires Length and both can be used
                    I don't know about the 54U but the 51U has a narrower angle of view than the 53U, so it is not suitable for the E46 M3.

My old display is a LQ065T9BR53 rather than LQ065T9BR53U.

Does anyone know what the 'U' suffix is for?
                    Last edited by ac427; 08-19-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X