Swapping Diff Cover in Situ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    So the 2 rear diff bolts that hold the diff to the subframe are 50 ft lb then? Having trouble finding this one on paper. I see newtis says 20nm + 90°.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...-drive/5XGnMyr
    I believe I saw it confirmed somewhere on the old forum that for the thread pitch and grade on those bolts, 15 lb ft and 90 degrees gets you to right around 50 lb ft.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Just finished refreshing rear diff bushings (2 in cover) with e36 M3 diff bushings and new castrol oil today.

Removed 2 upper rear bolts, all cover bolts. The very top 2 "hidden" cover bolts required lowering the rear of the diff to extract the bolts. Cover came off easily. I didn't remove the sway bar brackets, which made those top 2 cover bolts a little harder to screw out by hand, but doable.

Glad it's over. Now that front and rear diff mounts have been refreshed, hope not to touch the diff again, except for oil changes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X