San Diego Shop Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Diego Shop Recommendations

Looking for suggestions on known and reliable shops to do the common bulletproofing items on my 56K mile 2004 M3 coupe.

Kaiv did the SMG to 6MT trans swap when this car was owned by previous owner, but I haven’t been able to set up an appointment with him in 5 months and it seems like I need to expand my horizons and look elsewhere for a reputable San Diego shop.

Of note, during my PPI, a shop in LA noted transmission bell housing sweating — anyone know if this is serious and whether the trans swap is likely to have caused it?

Thanks!

Check out 2M Autowerks. Primarily a body shop but they have mechanics there as well and are very familiar with the e46.
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
      Check out 2M Autowerks. Primarily a body shop but they have mechanics there as well and are very familiar with the e46.
      Thanks for the info. I will look into them.

Comment

+1 on 2M for bodywork/paint, and EuroAutoSpot for everything else. Shane's been my goto since I bought my car 14 years ago (followed him from the dealerships to his own shop).

Comment

Can also call La Jolla Independent. Carl and his guys could help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Go to KC's Service Shop at 8008 Miramar Road. Most honest mechanic you'll ever meet and he's done all my M cars and any cars I've had in general.

Evan Lutz/DesertM3 can also do work for you, he has great pricing and availability.
            ​​​​
            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

+1 for Euro Auto Spot. They kept my car alive when I lived in SD.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Forum Member KAIV (Kevin) is a well accomplished mechanic. His OCD-ness is refreshing. The Forum Administrator here owns a car that Kaiv built, that being a wagon with S54 engine, manual gearbox, and complete suspension from a donor M3. In old M3F, Kaiv documented on M3F that the car was taken to the California Air Resources Board station, and got the car certified so it is truly street legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Monkey View Post
                    Forum Member KAIV (Kevin) is a well accomplished mechanic. His OCD-ness is refreshing. The Forum Administrator here owns a car that Kaiv built, that being a wagon with S54 engine, manual gearbox, and complete suspension from a donor M3. In old M3F, Kaiv documented on M3F that the car was taken to the California Air Resources Board station, and got the car certified so it is truly street legal.
                    Ah yeah, Kaiv is good too. He did my VANOS and subframe reinforcement.
                    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Monkey View Post
                      JAPANRED

Comment

Working...
                      X