Maintenance Items To Do With Air Plenum Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintenance Items To Do With Air Plenum Off

Planning on removing the air plenum to replace the TPS under there and was wondering if anyone had a good list of maintenance items I should do "while I'm in there". Also, I've noticed difficulty starting and poor idle at startup, is there any reason to replace the ICV or will a thorough cleaning work just as well? Thanks.

So far I have:
    - clean throttle bodies
    - clean ICV
    - replace coolant sensor
    - replace TPS
    - replace starter?

It’s easy to go down the rabbit hole of “while I’m in there”. It’s a never ending rabbit hole that ends with spending $300 on a job that was originally $20

Your list is good! It doesn’t take more than 45 min to remove the plenum anyway so I wouldn’t do starter right now.

Comment

FWIW I didn't do any of that when I removed the plenum to replace my TPS. It's not a terrible job to do once you have taken it off once before, so I would hold off on replacing a perfectly good starter.
      '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
      '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
      '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
      '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Replace with CSL airbox.

Thats the biggest rabbot hole.

Comment

Sounds good guys, looks like ill just replace TPS. Any recommendations with cleaning vs. replacement on the ICV? 142k on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Triqzy View Post
            Sounds good guys, looks like ill just replace TPS. Any recommendations with cleaning vs. replacement on the ICV? 142k on the clock.
            Just clean it. Seans54 has a good YouTube DIY

Comment

Your list looks right, minus the starter as others said.

The ITB clean, I’ve been really half/half with. I know there’s benefits. Don’t have a rough idle now. Sorta feel “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” lol, after reading some ppl having issues with residual throttle body cleaner burning off throwing codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Since you have easy access to the PS reservoir, suction everything out and refill for a partial refresh? I just had all my lines out, and also pushed whatever fluid out of the system I could, and I would g'estimate that 40-50% of your PS fluid is just in the reservoir.

Comment

Working...
                X