Sat Nav LCD screen alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat Nav LCD screen alignment

I have just replaced my ageing LCD display with a new Sharp unit. Sadly the display is off to the right by a quarter of an inch or so.

Has anyone successfully aligned their display by adjusting the H-pos on the actual LCD display?

I am wondering if there is a defined procedure for doing it or perhaps a certain resistance that could be measured and set on the new display

Where do you guys get your genuine Sharp replacement screens?

Powered mine on a bench, screen apart to get the proper alignment. Other that that, it would be just guess (turn small amounts) and check. GL
    Last edited by e46mpwrd; 08-17-2020, 05:33 AM.
    '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

Originally posted by e46mpwrd View Post
      Powered mine on a bench, screen apart to get the proper alignment. Other that that, it would be just guess (turn small amounts) and check. GL
      Did you have a separate loom and bench set up to do this?

Where did you get your replacement LCD screen?

Comment

I actually might have used the car to power and just kept the unit apart (probably not the smartest way). I think the screen wont actually turn on unless it is connected to the navi disc drive. It was a pain but OCD makes it worth it. I got the screen from eBay years ago.
        What are you trying to fix? Dead pixels or rubbing off of anti-glare?

Either way you should be able to center it by just making small adjustment and checking. Obviously time will be the only downside.
        Last edited by e46mpwrd; 08-17-2020, 07:35 AM.
        '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

Originally posted by e46mpwrd View Post
          I actually might have used the car to power and just kept the unit apart (probably not the smartest way). I think the screen wont actually turn on unless it is connected to the navi disc drive. It was a pain but OCD makes it worth it. I got the screen from eBay years ago.
          What are you trying to fix? Dead pixels or rubbing off of anti-glare?

Either way you should be able to center it by just making small adjustment and checking. Obviously time will be the only downside.
          Thank you. My initial problem was dead pixels but i had ordered a screen from China a long while back. So when i realised it was a 51U and not a 53U it was too late to do anything. I fitted it anyway and all was good until i realised it had a very narrow angle of view from center.

I had a spare head unit that had seen better days and had a broken bezel, so i took the LCD panel out of that. I didn't have any dead pixels but thew anti-glare had worn away. So i purchased a new panel today and the alignment is off.

A real saga but like you the OCD will mean i'll have the thing in pieces whilst i get the alignment spot on.

Sadly i'm nowhere near Long Island but i used to frequent New Rochelle many moons ago.

Comment

Working...
          X