No announcement yet.

Muffler hanger direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only if they let the midpipe sag enough that they touch the cross member plates. In my experience, even really old mid hangers still work. A very tough part. It even has rubber blocks built into it that don't let it collapse too much. My 17xk originals didn't even really need replacement, tbh.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

The front of the 2 cross member plates (even though realoem only shows 1) is what starts contacting/rattling. I have removed the front one and run without it when I got annoyed. The rear of the two cross member plates is what the hanger connects to.

Once I got ss section 2, because the pipe diameter of ss is larger, it actually came with 1/4" spacers to put between the body and the plate to lower the plate to avoid contact.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X