Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaker problem after disconnecting battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this exact same problem!

Turns out that a wire pair from the amp to a rear mid speaker had shorted together. The wires got crimped after I removed/reseated the rear panel while working on the rear window. I assume the amp has a protection circuit that prevents the mid/hi channels from exiting their standby mode when there is a fault. I also expect that the shorted wires for the OP were on either of the two channels the HK amp doesn't power.

This probably doesn't help the OP, but if anybody finds this via google or whatever, check your wiring!

Comment

Originally posted by tcp View Post
      I had this exact same problem!

Turns out that a wire pair from the amp to a rear mid speaker had shorted together. The wires got crimped after I removed/reseated the rear panel while working on the rear window. I assume the amp has a protection circuit that prevents the mid/hi channels from exiting their standby mode when there is a fault. I also expect that the shorted wires for the OP were on either of the two channels the HK amp doesn't power.

This probably doesn't help the OP, but if anybody finds this via google or whatever, check your wiring!
      I forgot to update, but that was exactly what happened! One of the rear door panel screws pinched a dangling speaker wire, after a few hundred miles it sawed through the wire and shorted the system.

So for anybody installing BSW speakers (or swapping out door panels) be mindful of where your wires hang 🤷‍♂️
      Last edited by freshprince2421; 04-08-2021, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X