Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extending O2 wiring for Section 1 with Cats (Repost; PDF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: Extending O2 wiring for Section 1 with Cats (Repost; PDF)

Original author: "wsl"
    Date of PDF: 8/16/16

Extending O2 wiring for Section 1 with Cats - BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80:X).pdf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Will; 03-20-2020, 12:18 PM. Reason: Edit title, add prefix, include DIY tag

Useful for an upcoming project, thanks.
    Is there a Part Number for the OEM wire holder?
    Last edited by Carl Spackler; 03-21-2020, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Sorry to thread jack but it's 02 Sensor related. Does anyone have a backup of the DIY for E46 M3 pre-cat 02 sensors.
      The photos and tricks from this old thread?
      Last edited by old///MFanatic; 04-01-2020, 04:37 PM.
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I did this a few years ago, but if you are as car OCD as I am you'll probably end up replacing your US O2 harness with a Euro one, like I did a couple years later. Easy swap but requires switching around O2 sensors and buying one new one that US cars don't have. You can get a Bosch version for $50 on eBay, and the harness was around $200 when I bought it. Trading a few hundred bucks for some time and cleaner end result, ymmv on which option is better.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
          I did this a few years ago, but if you are as car OCD as I am you'll probably end up replacing your US O2 harness with a Euro one, like I did a couple years later. Easy swap but requires switching around O2 sensors and buying one new one that US cars don't have. You can get a Bosch version for $50 on eBay, and the harness was around $200 when I bought it. Trading a few hundred bucks for some time and cleaner end result, ymmv on which option is better.
          Almost exactly what I did. Though instead of buying the last Euro-spec sensor, I shortened the wires and dremeled out the key on the connector to let it fit into the harness.

Comment

Working...
          X