The "Post Your Wheel Setup" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

What tire brand/model and sizes are you using?

For same total diameter and width, a 17’’ tire will be heavier than a 18’’ tire
    I'm running General Gmax RS, 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 right now, would run 235/45/17 and 255/40/17 or 275/40/17. From what I can tell, the 17" tires would be slightly lighter, by .1 lbs or so. Focusing more on feedback and lightness vs "max grip and width bro!!" For a street car, I like the steering and responsiveness.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
      Bought Bimmerworld TE16 wheels from a member here. They look better in person than pictures IMO. Really like them. Going to respray them in silver.
      Love those wheels. I had a set of the machined finish on my E36 as track wheels. I have continually harassed them about making that finish available for all the 18" sizes, sadly to no avail. Regular silver paint would also be better than the gunmetal or black IMO. Looking forward to seeing these once you refinish them.
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        That's almost the correct E46 M3 set. The rears should be the 10"ET25, not 10.5" - maybe double check with seller.

If it is the 10.5", they'll still work, but I don't think a 2" stagger is ideal. 245/275 would be best imo.
        What would be the downside of running a 2 inch stagger?

What would a decent price for a set of used CHRs? Seller states no rash or bends. Pics looks very good.

Comment

Unnecessary weight. It'll be impossible to pick a set of tires that suits both wheels correctly AND our dsc. Possible fitment issues for the rear.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Sounds like these are out then. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone running the apex VS5RS? Thinking of switching to those from my square CSL rear setup.

Comment

Can anyone chime in on what it’ll take to run this setup? Camber settings, fender modifications etc.? Really like this look and like to do on my e46 M3 but not sure how doable it’ll be. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
                Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
                Stock e9x ZCP 359M wheels.
                19x9 - 245/35/19
                19x10 - 265/35/19

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	194652

Comment

Originally posted by mdefalco25 View Post
                  Can anyone chime in on what it’ll take to run this setup? Camber settings, fender modifications etc.? Really like this look and like to do on my e46 M3 but not sure how doable it’ll be. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
                  Max out negative camber front and rear with the stock hardware, lowered suspension and no more than a 245/275 street tire.

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post
                    Anyone running the apex VS5RS? Thinking of switching to those from my square CSL rear setup.
                    Yes and I LOVE them. 18x10 +25

Comment

It doesn't take much at all to run this setup. It fits like a glove. I have had those exact wheels for several years now. 19x9 +35 with a 5 mm spacer in the front (basically +30) wrapped in 245/35 and 19x10 +25 rear with 10 mm spacer (basically +10) wrapped in 275/30. Car is slammed on eibach coil overs with no front or rear camber and front has zero rub. My rear fenders are rolled and it only rubs if I am exiting a steep driveway at a sharp angle. In regular driving, it has never rubbed for me. Again my rear fenders are rolled but I am also running 10mm spacer in the rear. My ride height is at 13" center cap to fender front and rear. fronts wont rub even with a passenger but rears will rub with a passenger on either side (with 10mm spacer). I used to love the way it looks but nowadays it is just too aggressive for my taste and soon I will be switching to a more conservative look with CSL reps 8.5/9.5 and raising the car. I'm going after a thick side wall with a mild drop look vs the stretched thin sidewall slammed look. If I don't like black CSL reps then ill go back to these same wheels and run 255/35 and 285. Black M359s just suit PY so well !

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.3 KB ID:	205832

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	205833
                      Last edited by Maxima SE; 02-16-2023, 04:46 PM.
                      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Thanks for all the fee! dback on the e9x comp wheel fitments. Much appreciated!

Comment

Thanks for all the fee! dback on the e9x comp wheel fitments. Much appreciated!
                          np. I would get them from fitment industries as a wheel/tire package. Their tire prices are great and mounting/assembly is free as well as free shipping. Can't beat the one click order shipped to your door.
                          2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                          2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                          X