General Dyno Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Dyno Questions

I've had my vehicle dyno'ed a few times and have a couple questions out of curiosity. Of course, I don't think to ask at the time but they pop into my head later on:

1) Is there a procedure that shops who regularly dyno these cars use? I notice there are many older posts across different forums are about entering "dyno mode" but I haven't seen many recent posts any more on the subject - is that because the procedure is universally known?

2) I've seen DME conversion services offering permanent dyno mode. I'm referring to CSL conversions, and then you also see other options such as permanent sport mode. Is there a way a tell based on DME work performed if your vehicle needs a procedure before dynoing?

3) Lastly, if this is the procedure for entering dyno mode (from https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...yno-mode.6986/)....

Switch on ignition (position 2)
    Hold down DSC Button for 8-10seconds but no more than 10 seconds.
    Only DSC Light should come on not ABS or H/Brake light. If they come on you have done it incorrectly
    and you will have to wait 5mins for vehicle to reset, if it is built after 2004.

Press Sports button and start car.

...how would that procedure be modified [if at all] if you had sports button permanently enabled?
    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

If you really want to make this easy on yourself just buy ECU worx for $26 and you’ll get the option to turn dyno mode off. You’ll also get all the other free ECU worx stuff. Well worth the money.

Comment

^ What he said. Well worth the money for what it does including permanent dyno mode.

Comment

Thanks guys
        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Working...
        X