Help With Clock Spring Wiring/Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Clock Spring Wiring/Damage

So I was pulling off the QD mount from the steering column to do some re-wiring. In the process I think I may have damaged the clock spring and the previous wiring job.

Q1. Does anyone know the part number for the wiring pins for the 6 pin clock spring connector? And the tool needed to remove the pins?

Q2. What is this metal clip on the clock spring for? Is the plastic part supposed to have 4 tabs on it?!? It was on the floor when i pulled the wheel hub off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me check, but I think I have a used clockspring laying around somewhere. If you want it, it's yours if you pick it up in person (I'm in Rockville)

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post
      Let me check, but I think I have a used clockspring laying around somewhere. If you want it, it's yours if you pick it up in person (I'm in Rockville)
      Oh man that would be awesome! I'll PM you.

Comment

What is that metal clip on the clock spring actually used for? Is it essential?

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
          What is that metal clip on the clock spring actually used for? Is it essential?

Found a clock spring that wasnt broken, but didnt have the two pin connector. As far as I can tell that metal clip is only really used for keeping the clock spring in position after you remove the steering wheel. Even though its a metal spring, I see no electrical purpose for it.

Comment

Working...
          X