Hood Release FUBAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hood Release FUBAR

Hey guys, my hood release cable is either disconnected or broken somewhere and of course I can't pop the hood now. Is there anyway to get it open without destroying anything or is it sawzall time, and cut the pins?

The hood latch cable might be accessible by removing the plastic under-tray. These guys were able to hold the broken part from underneath while the other released the hood -

Comment

years ago i had the handle snap. i was able to fish speaker wire around the latch that broke and pulled (thru the kidneys wasn't exactly easy from what i remember). I tied a knot temporarily until the new latch came in the mail

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
        years ago i had the handle snap. i was able to fish speaker wire around the latch that broke and pulled (thru the kidneys wasn't exactly easy from what i remember). I tied a knot temporarily until the new latch came in the mail
        This, or coat hanger. I recommend removing the kidney grill after you get the hood open to make it easier to open again until it's fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would buy an extra kidney grille just in case you break it pulling it off. Saves you future frustration.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
          X