Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 Cel Catalytic Converter Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Cel Catalytic Converter Suggestions?

I'm running catless headers up front and two resonators in my section 1 to keep the sound manageable...however, now that ive had a ton of fun enjoying the sound and power....it's time to get rid of those fumes and drop in some high-flow cats while keeping my headers installed. I'm planning to buy two cats and swap out the resonators in section 1 with them.

I'm starting this thread looking for some advice. I haven't seen any euro section 1s recently for sale (or reasonably priced), so why not just take it to a shop and have some 100 cel cats welded in? this route seems faster, quicker and cheaper than prowling eBay or the for sale section forever...

has anyone done this? if so, recommendations on which cats to order?

current exhaust set up:
    • Meagan race headers - ceramic coated
    • OEM section 1 modified with two AR20 resonators (the rasp was killing me lol - much better now)
    • OEM section 2
    • Rogue Engineering El Diablo w/ titanium tips
    • Catless tune from Build Journal w/ stage 1 burble tune (getting rid of the burble part when i update the tune for hi-flow cats)

I'll buy your Sec 1 if you are selling it.
    Everyone is going to tell you the HJS because they're not cheap garbage.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Sadly most cats suck. I'd go with OE Euro if you don't put a lot of heat into them (track) or HJSs if you do put a lot of heat into them.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

GESi from Vibrant Performance looks like a good alternative to HJS.

Comment

Gesi is good and most affordable/easily obtained solution based on my research. Something like $400 per unit.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

tried searching some of these but i dont see vendors or pricing.

admittedly so, $400 per cat sounds like a $900 venture after installation. that would preclude me from going that route for sure lol - id be better off buying something off the shelf i suppose.

Comment

There are no good cheap cats. The material that is used in good cats is expensive.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by umichchris View Post
                tried searching some of these but i dont see vendors or pricing.

admittedly so, $400 per cat sounds like a $900 venture after installation. that would preclude me from going that route for sure lol - id be better off buying something off the shelf i suppose.
                Those section 1 pipes that are cheaper off the shelf are definitely using cheap cats... Fabspeed might be expensive at $2k, but I trust them that they're using 2 ~$400 HJS quality cats. Just an example.
                '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I have a set of euro cats FS, someone just contacted me this week about picking them up. They’ve been on E46F for a few months, didn’t know this forum started so haven’t been posting here until yesterday. Hit me up& I’ll let you know if they’re still available next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by king-rb View Post
                    I have a set of euro cats FS, someone just contacted me this week about picking them up. They’ve been on E46F for a few months, didn’t know this forum started so haven’t been posting here until yesterday. Hit me up& I’ll let you know if they’re still available next weekend
                    For sure, let me know. I’m ready to buy this weekend actually. Looking to update my set-up..

Comment

Very happy with my Supersprint 100 cell race cats.

Comment

Working...
                      X