Resonated X Pipe Section 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resonated X Pipe Section 2

How much does a single resonated X pipe change the tone/volume/rasp vs H pipe? I know the stock H pipe has a resonator in it already but does the design of the X pipe with resonator change it?

Was really hoping to hear a catless header, rasp terminator, resonated X pipe, and stock muffler exhaust setup.
    Last edited by BigTriece; 10-04-2020, 08:25 AM.

Anybody? Afternarket muffler would work too. Hard to find videos of people running three resonators with X pipe and catless headers.

Comment

Yes, the SS "x pipe" and, I assume, the copies like SGT & RE, give a "tuner" sound. It's distinctly different. It kills rasp, but it doesn't make the car sound too much like a v6 like some mods do.
      I'm not sure how resonated vs unresonated would differ. I'm interested in trying it myself. My biggest concern is that it hurts the midrange, but doesn't seem to give as much back at the top end.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by BigTriece View Post
        How much does a single resonated X pipe change the tone/volume/rasp vs H pipe? I know the stock H pipe has a resonator in it already but does the design of the X pipe with resonator change it?

Was really hoping to hear a catless header, rasp terminator, resonated X pipe, and stock muffler exhaust setup.
        Did you ever end up getting a resonated x pipe? I'm wondering how bad it effects the mid-range power.
        Garage:
        2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
        1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Working...
        X