No announcement yet.

Beisan S54 Exhaust Sprocket Hub Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoping to get my first e46 m3 in a few weeks, this is definitely going to be my first mod.

I notice not all hub tabs are broken, should i gamble by just ordering the disc or order the hub as well? i plan to use all Beisan parts for the rebuild, including the tensioner guide.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch55 View Post
      hoping to get my first e46 m3 in a few weeks, this is definitely going to be my first mod.

I notice not all hub tabs are broken, should i gamble by just ordering the disc or order the hub as well? i plan to use all Beisan parts for the rebuild, including the tensioner guide.
      I’m not aware of any cases where the hub was intact and subsequently failed after installing the Beisan disc. So from that perspective, I think installing their disc is sufficient.

I would inspect your hub. There have been a few instances where there seemed to be a crack starting to form. In that situation I’d err on the side of caution and replace the hub.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

I’m not aware of any cases where the hub was intact and subsequently failed after installing the Beisan disc. So from that perspective, I think installing their disc is sufficient.

I would inspect your hub. There have been a few instances where there seemed to be a crack starting to form. In that situation I’d err on the side of caution and replace the hub.
        This is an excellent response.

Comment

Originally posted by DanAvoN7 View Post
          I have been working with Raj @ Beisan Systems for years and not only is he a great guy but he really has helped provide quality solutions for this platform. I regularly work on E46 M3’s here in the SF Bay Area and for all of the vanos overhauls I perform, I solely recommend Beisan Systems parts. I recently had a chance to install the new Beisan S54 Exhaust Sprocket Hub Solution on my personal E46 M3 track car. The fit and finish of the Beisan Systems hub is perfect and I highly recommend it for those that happen to find their stock exhaust hub tab(s) broken. The combination of this hub with a Beisan Systems vanos oil pump disk is the ultimate solution. Another big thank you to Raj and everything he has done for the S54 and our community.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hub1.jpg
Views:	6136
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	1631
          Isn’t the oil pump disc for factory hubs? Wouldn’t the holes be to small for this hub?

Comment

Although the Beisan hub tabs are thicker and thus look and are bigger, they are the same width as the BMW hub tabs, and thus fit the Beisan disk with smaller holes.

Comment

What more is there to say, a s54 hub sprocket now produced and sold by Beisan Systems. Congratulations Raj!! When it comes to the S54 there is no competition to Beisan Sys. for anything VANOS related. An old saying i used to hear often a while back when i was in my early stages of wrenching professionally -"Its good to be okay at everything, but its better to excellent at one thing". Raj is a guru when it comes to these cars let alone the s54. Every time you bring up Vanos to anyone who works on these cars, DIYers or Professionals, they all refer to him the same. Ive had the pleasure of going through my vanos some time last year due to an unfamiliar issue (code B8,iirc).Upon tear-down i notice my hub sheared a tooth so I had ordered up everything available through Beisan and explained to Raj what my issue was. He walked me through several steps i need to ensure and paid extra attention to while going through the rebuild, and then he explained to me of a new hub that he was working on and was still in its early production stages and if i would be interested. Of course i jumped on the opportunity. In short: when i received it,along-side everything else, i couldn't understand what in the world Raj was referring to when he was first explaining it to me over the phone that it was still a rough production and finish.This thing was beautiful lol, everything about it the finish the weight the cut it felt perfect, it was the OEM sprocket on steroids, simply holding both you can feel the quality over the Oem and the teeth were beefed to the neck to ensure they would never even thinking about clacking or sheering off- EVER! Sad that it would spend its life hidden away into the engine. I can confidently ensure that this guy is a master at what he does so seeing that he finally released it only means that its been tediously looked over and perfected - not sure how that is even possible!!! Congrats and once again Thank You Raj!

Comment

Originally posted by Rajaie View Post
                Although the Beisan hub tabs are thicker and thus look and are bigger, they are the same width as the BMW hub tabs, and thus fit the Beisan disk with smaller holes.
                For reputation alone, I suppose the Beisan hub sprocket + oil pump disc is is the way to go (seem to agree with the term "the ultimate solution").

However, am wondering about the following:

1. assuming nothing's broken and just doing preventive work: the combo of using the existing (OEM) oil pump disc but using the Beisan hub sprocket is still not ideal as the tabs will continue hammering the disc due to the play (Beisan tabs, although thicker are still same width as the OEM tabs) -- is this correct?
                2. so, the Beisan oil pump disc should really accompany the use of the Beisan hub sprocket -- is this correct?
                3. ECS has the VAC hub which supposedly has tabs wider than the OEM's and provide a better fit for the (OEM) oil pump disc holes. Would this be an alternative fix with just 1 part being changed?

Thanks.

Comment

VAC is garbage-- I wouldn't trust them with any internal engine components.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                    Thanks! That answers another (non-VANOS) question I was planning to ask.

Comment

Congrats Raj, looks like another quality offering/solution for the platform. I'm no fan of VAC either, and I know your back story w/them, but I wouldn't automatically just condemn all of their parts. I personally think that the VAC hub looks like a quality piece as well, albeit at a higher price point. If this Beisan hub proves to be a 'bullet-proof' solution (and no reason to think that it won't), then just based on price point alone...I think that most folks will probably gravitate towards the Beisan hub anyway. Again, thanx for your continued support of the platform Raj!

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post

Congrats Raj, looks like another quality offering/solution for the platform. I'm no fan of VAC either, and I know your back story w/them, but I wouldn't automatically just condemn all of their parts. I personally think that the VAC hub looks like a quality piece as well, albeit at a higher price point. If this Beisan hub proves to be a 'bullet-proof' solution (and no reason to think that it won't), then just based on price point alone...I think that most folks will probably gravitate towards the Beisan hub anyway. Again, thanx for your continued support of the platform Raj!
                        Being local to them, I get to hear non stop VAC horror stories-- not just limited to my own experiences with them.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Being local to them, I get to hear non stop VAC horror stories-- not just limited to my own experiences with them.
                          I get it Ian, and like you and a few others, I've got no love for them either...but I'm just saying that we should try and avoid making blanket statements (even about VAC). I want to support the vendors (like Raj) on here that really have our backs too, but we don't need to bash others.

Comment

I get it Ian, and like you and a few others, I've got no love for them either...but I'm just saying that we should try and avoid making blanket statements (even about VAC). I want to support the vendors (like Raj) on here that really have our backs too, but we don't need to bash others.
                            I don’t agree at all. Equally important to warn people away from companies that’ll ruin their cars as is to encourage the good ones.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

🍿...
                              Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

I don’t agree at all. Equally important to warn people away from companies that’ll ruin their cars as is to encourage the good ones.
                                As an outside observer who isn't as plugged in to the BMW product development community at large as you all are it is super important to hear both sides. Ultimately if negative reviews, even if it is Obioban or Stash1, are given to a shop or product I'm going to decide where to spend my money but I do need to hear other people's experiences. I will absolutely pick a phone and call a shop and ask "what's up?" with whatever situation a forum poster has said. As a reasonable adult I understand that within a given shop/company there is usually good and bad individuals.

An example of why hearing the bad is important is the instance where I almost ordered a bunch of stuff from SG to then see a thread pop up on the old forum giving the lay of the land with respect to their ability to deliver as promised. Thank god that thread was made.

I would just advise people to weigh the reputation of the individual posting a bad review and what is the response from their peers after the review is posted. That said, second hand accounts are tough because loads of important details, and the devil truly is in the details, get left out.
                                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                                X