BBS + Brembo = Perfect Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post

I hate that about the RGR's. I bought RS-GT's not long ago for that reason but did not love the two piece look. Nothing beats the look of these RGR in my book, just a classic look.
    I really don't understand why BBS made that decision on the e46 RG-Rs. The RG-Rs on my e39 M5 clear the bbk without issue.

The RG-R is close to the perfect wheel for the e46. Light, strong, looks similar to factory (CSL, which was based on the RG-Rs, but is heavy and weak), reasonably priced, and good widths/offsets. If the brakes just fit, they'd be perfect (if the brakes fit, RG-63s wouldn't even exist).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I really don't understand why BBS made that decision on the e46 RG-Rs. The RG-Rs on my e39 M5 clear the bbk without issue.

The RG-R is close to the perfect wheel for the e46. Light, strong, looks similar to factory (CSL, which was based on the RG-Rs, but is heavy and weak), and reasonably priced, good offsets. If the brake just fit, they'd be perfect (if the brakes fit, RG-63s wouldn't even exist).
      so e39 you can run bbk and no spacers required agreed with everything you said, rgr had potential to be the best wheels for our cars.

i dont mind small spacers as I’ve been running them since mid 2000’s. Ideally, no spacers are best. Although I rather run spacers to clear bbk vs run spacers due to weak offsets. I love my brembos just barely clearing the wheel spokes, looks so nice.

Comment

Car looks great!

Comment

Small (5/10/12mm) spacers are a small price to pay to rock RGRs or CSL wheels!
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Small (5/10/12mm) spacers are a small price to pay to rock RGRs or CSL wheels!
            I just swapped in a 10mm spacer up front and it cleared now running 10mm front and 5mm rear spacers

and yes, very small price to pay. I ran ZCP’s but those required 18mm spacers to clear these brembos. Way too big a spacer for my taste. I’m sure the CSL’s won’t require that big a spacer

Comment

Not to thread hijack, but can we go back to just the dog pictures instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_lol View Post
                Not to thread hijack, but can we go back to just the dog pictures instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Don’t tempt me. I can go all day with dog pics! Lol I love my dogs

Comment

Working...
                X