No announcement yet.

How is this subframe crack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be absolutely clear, to fully address the issue with your kit, it would consist of the underside plates, topside beam kit, front mount extension, and rail plates? Or are the rail plates not needed with the bar?

Also, would you recommend the 6 point brace for a weekend car with, at this moment, limited track use?

And to bother you one last time, what bushings would you suggest at stock ride height? Prefer to keep the cheap stock camber arms for now as well. I'm between stock, or Turner.

Thanks for your time; definitely looking forward to placing an order.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
      Just to be absolutely clear, to fully address the issue with your kit, it would consist of the underside plates, topside beam kit, front mount extension, and rail plates? Or are the rail plates not needed with the bar?

Also, would you recommend the 6 point brace for a weekend car with, at this moment, limited track use?

And to bother you one last time, what bushings would you suggest at stock ride height? Prefer to keep the cheap stock camber arms for now as well. I'm between stock, or Turner.

Thanks for your time; definitely looking forward to placing an order.
      Hey mate,

The chassis rail plates are included within the topside beam kit.

The brace does technically add further strength to the subframe mounts however, isn't necessary to prevent failure. If you want the back end race car stiff then go for it. Down to personal preference IMO.

I'd suggest solid bushings as they really do make the car feel a lot more responsive and direct in the back end. If you're wanting to keep stock ride height/camber arms and not raise the subframe then I would say the brand is not significant as they are all very similar so I'd go by which is most competitively priced among the reputable brands.

Not a problem. feel free to message me if you ever want to discuss anything further.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieE46M3 View Post

Hey mate,

The chassis rail plates are included within the topside beam kit.

The brace does technically add further strength to the subframe mounts however, isn't necessary to prevent failure. If you want the back end race car stiff then go for it. Down to personal preference IMO.

I'd suggest solid bushings as they really do make the car feel a lot more responsive and direct in the back end. If you're wanting to keep stock ride height/camber arms and not raise the subframe then I would say the brand is not significant as they are all very similar so I'd go by which is most competitively priced among the reputable brands.

Not a problem. feel free to message me if you ever want to discuss anything further.
        Awesome, thanks for answering all my questions. You've been a big help! I'll get in contact come December; definitely looking for all three reinforcements, and maybe the brace.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post

Awesome, thanks for answering all my questions. You've been a big help! I'll get in contact come December; definitely looking for all three reinforcements, and maybe the brace.
          No worries mate. Glad I was able to help.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions in future.

Comment

a lot of good info. Spoke with Cayn on facebook and very helpful. I just need to go take a welding class before I try tackling this job!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post
              a lot of good info. Spoke with Cayn on facebook and very helpful. I just need to go take a welding class before I try tackling this job!
              Exactly what I did, good luck to you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post
                Glad I could help mate! Feel free to buzz me again if you need any input during the prep/fab.

Comment

Just purchased both the underside plates and the racp rail plates from cmp for the cavity in the trunk. Hopefully that's a good enough set for a daily and leaves room for a stable bar across the rear shocks in the future maybe for a better reinforcement. Thank everyone in the chat for discussing, as I was literally on my way to tackle number 2 of 3 in E46 bulletproofing. I happen to read on and noticed aussiee46 business and loves the idea. I'll let you guys know the end result. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewrivera View Post
                    Just purchased both the underside plates and the racp rail plates from cmp for the cavity in the trunk. Hopefully that's a good enough set for a daily and leaves room for a stable bar across the rear shocks in the future maybe for a better reinforcement. Thank everyone in the chat for discussing, as I was literally on my way to tackle number 2 of 3 in E46 bulletproofing. I happen to read on and noticed aussiee46 business and loves the idea. I'll let you guys know the end result. Thanks for the help.
                    Thanks for your business! This was dispatched this morning so hopefully it will be with you soon enough!

Comment

Working...
                    X